A small recap of the dual ESC V2.1 from diyeboard.com
- very nice FOC-mode (nearly noisless)
- “handbrake” - function (push brake during standstill and the board will not move at all)
- integrated RF
- integrated powerswitch
- pricepoint: $88.00 incl. shipping for a dual motor controller!
- as far as i can tell the throttle control is some kind of limited speedcontrol (not current) which reduces the acceleration. (see video: ESC V2.1 vs vesc[BLDC])
- the productkiller in its current stage is braking: while braking works, the transition from idle to breaking is very sudden and not nearly as smooth as a vesc2.18.You really have to brace yourself for each breaking maneuver in order not get thrown of the board.
If diyeboard enables a way to change the breaking behaivour (customizable firmware etc.) this driver would be awesome. But in its current state im going back to vesc’s