ESCape only dual enclosure

this is probably the same for this enclosure right?

Sick, simply just sick… i`m in love and wanna buy :slight_smile:

Are the dimensions for the alu piece final? I`m designing a simple enclosure for my trampa, where i want to use this nice dual housing for my Escapes … So i need the dimensions for the cutout i need to make in the top plate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, B-Box will fit as they are based on @stewii PCB if that is what you are asking.

oh sorry, i meant will we need some kind of nonelectrically conductive, but thermally conductive material between the box and the fets?

I’ll post drawing with measurements tomorrow and price as soon as I got info regarding anodizing.

1 Like

yes, it’s something like this

2 Likes

as long as you use thermal paste or th. pads that are not electrically conductive it should work. Focbox heatsinks are all alu. and they use a big thick silicone pad. You only have to make sure that the fets don’t touch the heatsink.

1 Like

do you use mach 3 for controlling the cnc?

1 Like

Thermal conductive silicone pads are the answer. There are also a lot of exposed parts like connector pins under the esc. Every electronics in aluminium enclosure has to be placed with a lot of thinking to avoid short circuit.

2 Likes

For this one we used Cam that is in Fusion and exported using post processor to gcode.

lol. you still need a place to put the g code once you make it, what CNC CONTROL SOFTWARE (not CAM) do you use :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:?

It was done on Brother Speedio R650x1. I don’t know what it has to be honest. I designed the case and made Cam but I had an operator to help me with machining. The gcode file it’s like ordinary .txt and he plugged a usb stick into machine and choose the file and fire works started :smiley:

1 Like

haha alrighty. there’s usually something that looks kinda like this image not ringin a bell?

Yes there is something like that. What else do you want to know :slight_smile: I gave you a machine model so you could find it and than educate me :wink:

1 Like

Price for black anodized enclosure is 40euro PayPal and shipping are separate. I should have it anodized after Easter :slight_smile:

Count me in for one…

Do you know the final dimensions for the square hole to make, today :slight_smile: ??

1 Like

Is the can cable (for connecting 2 vescs) supposed to come out of the enclosure or will it be hidden inside? Would be nice if the can cable has some routes to hide in :slight_smile:

I would be interested in one for 2 FOCBOXES but with symetrical outputs for cables (reversing one FOCBOX and putting cooling fins on both up and down sides of the case). One more hole for sensor cable would be needed.

This is nice idea but…Complicated and expensive and so far I see that there are two persons that need it for Focbox and I would need 10 to do it.

Here are the measurements but PLEASE don’t cut your enclosures yet!

The idea how to use it is similar to this.

The difference is that it has this flange with threads so you can seal it and fix it quite easy. It might require a outside frame to act like a washer to push it evenly but I have to check that. I have also in plan a 3D printed box for it with some options how to make it water resistant.

3 Likes