ESC's odd cell count mod problem

Hello. Short story: esc works on 7S propertly and spins the motor, when changed to 10S by desoldering pads it works correctly but doesn’t spin the motor. Long story: I’m rebuilding my Nilox Doc skate to use as a beginner board for wife and friends that want to try electric boards. It was barely used when ESC gave up the ghost so it’s in perfect condition, 10S2P pack was fully charged twice. It would be a shame to go to waste and I don’'t have money for a proper ESC for it nor it makes any sense to invest in a good one for this weakish motor and cheapo board. I have a chinese ESC that fits the build “SZ01_A_v3.2” (there is a topic on this forum where you can check how it looks like but it seems dead). It works with nilox parts on 7S awful pack that I have but it doesn’t with 10S. Like many other cheap factory locked esc’s it has solder pads to choose either 6S or 7S and with both of those desoldered it should work with 10S. And it kind of works. Turns on, accepts input, gives correct bettery charge level for 10S, low voltage alarm beeps when I connect 7S in this 10S config etc but doesn’t spin the motor. Everything seems fine but no motor spin…

As there is ZERO documentation about this specific ESC on the internet I have nowhere to look for troubleshooting tips. BUT: maybe one of You had a similar problem with any ESC? I figured it could at least give me a hint what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!