Esk8 conversion kit from diyelectricskateboards.com for a first build?

Dear esk8.builders board,

i want to order the parts for my first build next monday and i dont know if the conversion kit pro 3 from diyelectricskateboard is worth the ~1340€// (4A charger, 15mm Belt, 218 trucks, international shipping (EU)) https:///collections/electric-skateboard-conversion-kit/products/pro3-electric-skateboard-conversion-kit

i wanted to buy the mechanical drivetrain parts for my build from the website, when the support hit me up and told me that i should look at the kits. Tbh it doesnt look bad to me and it has everything i want. dual drive 6374, battery 10s3p or better (it got a 12s4p) and high quality parts (aluminium motor mount /metal pulleys). I am 6’3, 280lbs and got 10-20% hills in my area. i need a durable vehicle. it will be used almost daily. Waterproofing seems nearly impossible with that enclosure tho.

I just need a deck for it. I was thinking about a redember board if i can get my hands on one. If not landyachtz Drophammer because its kinda flat on the bottom and stiff.

The only thing i dont like is the enclosure. i think the layout of the batterie pack could be restricting for getting a new enclosure?

Is this a good option for a big dude like me? what are good additions/upgrades to the pro kit 3? thx for having me

Thats a bad ass kit right there. Its a very good place to start.

Only issue is the battery is double stacked so clearance will be an issue depending on the deck but its an excelent battery.

3 Likes

Is it possible to take the batterie apart and make it a flatpack?

other than that how much of a problem will clearence be if i want to go with 97mm wheels but drop through?

dont do that. if you need a single stacked 12s4p pack just let someone build it for you (pjotr for instance) - drop through: go single stacked.

the TB battery includes a bms, charging plug, display and on/off switch. it was my first battery and is still going strong. bulky but like a tank.

2 Likes