Esk8 is illegal in public places in Australia. Thoughts and experiences?

HTFU

cup of concrete for breakfast bro…

it is largely a ideological problem

1 Like

New rider from Melbourne here, It was about a year ago when the legislation was amended here in Vic (Vicroads) to outlaw the use of said devices on public streets & roads, we can thank those shitty “Hover boards” for that and the issues that have caused for the esk8 image, Im hoping to ride my new Trampa emtb to work and back on nice days when my cars are in more pieces to care for, There is a large police presence near my workplace in Moorabbin, I guess ill have to see how it goes!

Ted from Trampa mentioned something yesterday when we were building my board about big legislative changes in the works, For the UK anyway.

Aus is pretty slow with the upkeep on this sort of stuff, itll be interesting to see how it all pans out

Never let the state stop you from doing what you want. If you are not affecting others, do you. You will be the one who risks getting hit by a car. I can’t stand unnecessary government regulations. The thought of you selling your parts in fear of legal repercussions is silly. It means they’re winning. If you get a ticket, fight it. Use it as a tool to enact change to the laws.

I’m offended :joy:

2 Likes

I can imagine the CIA hacking your esk8 to full throttle no brakes. I think they can do that on Cars with electronic control systems :joy: But otherwise You’d Get away quickly.

Then they’d beat my ass lol

1 Like

@Jedi Yeah I don’t have the time nor the money to fight a ticket, especially if the law does indeed specifically prohibit esk8s. It’s really not silly to fear legal repercussions. That’s like saying “not counterfeiting money for fear of legal repercussions is silly”. The point is, if you break the law there’s the potential to be punished. I don’t want to be punished and I don’t want a record.

1 Like

Fair enough. It’s just the rebel 'Merican in me that thinks laws can be changed through action. As long as you’re not putting others at risk or drawing attention to yourself, cops should ignore you.

4 Likes

Pretty sure what some roads authority puts on a website does not equate to the actuall legislation. I ride motos and this has been the case for some time.

Lol record, its not a criminal act to ride a skateboard you won’t have a record if they fine you… it would be like a parking fine.

No, but it’s supposed to be an accurate representation of the current legislation. Don’t forget this “roads authority” is the government organisation that handles vehicle registration and driver licensing, among many other things. It’s their job to provide up to date information about the current road rules.

Except that according to the website it would count as use of an unregistered vehicle on public roads, which is a lot more than a parking fine. It’s worth mentioning that I’ve never had a ticket of any kind and I’d like to keep it that way.

Have a cup of concrete each morning for breakfast…

1 Like

I have no idea what you mean by that.

It’s a metaphor for “eat shit” which is another metaphor for crashing face first into the ground. :mask:

HTFU :rofl:

4 Likes

Does that stand for harden the F up? I’m not sure what you’re implying. If you don’t have anything constructive to add, please leave.

I’ve been pulled up a couple of times for riding around Perth in the streets before, but they just tell me to keep it to the sidewalk and let me go, one of the cycle cops actually asked where he could get one, and I offered to build him a board.

5 Likes

Huh, I would have thought they’d want it off the footpath. That’s cool though, he probably wants to become an esk8 cop :stuck_out_tongue:

it actually stands for “Hurry The Fuck Up”

See that’s what I thought, but it makes no sense so he probably meant it as “harden”. Especially considering he said “have a cup of concrete for breakfast”.

1 Like