Esk8 life hack of the day

Love this mod: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/bullet-connector-shrink-tape-mod-how-to/9416?source_topic_id=46475

4 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks. I knew there was an old thread somewhere. That thread is soooo 20 17 though :rofl:

2 Likes

I was just to lazy to retype my response… guess I should have quoted… lol

3 Likes

27 Likes

@banjaxxed This is a good tip! I had problem cutting strips as they tend to warp when cutting with not so fancy scissors…

1 Like

The nail clippers will probably blunt and stop working. A pair of tough scissors is much easier

I just wanted to pass the idea that this is the one rare situation where cutting corners is actually a good idea :smiley:

Ialways wonder when I see those pointy corners on the end of a positive pole if it could get bent under the ring or cut it’s way through to the negative can. Even if not they can short off something else; sharp, sticky-out current carrying things should be avoided in a pack getting vibration, that is all…hack

4 Likes

Yeh, I agree with you on this one… These sharp corners look like unfinished job to me… Dont really have any pictures of my strips but some of them I even cut round… In the shape of positive round terminal.

At least then I know if for whatever reason a direct impact hits that strip, it does not have a fckn sharp corner to bend and hit a cell directly… just an extra safety and works for aesthetic purposes also…

2 Likes

If there was such a thing a a single purpose cutters that could do it I would buy them, you know with a 10mm semi-circle end

2 Likes

Life hack #1, Wear a helmet that can help cheat death.

My nickel strips warped a bit too when cutting them. I put them on a smooth surface and rolled them like cookie dough with a roll of hockey tape. Good as new. I also rolled down all the edges on the pack as I built it too. Great tip with the clippers @banjaxxed.

2 Likes

Yeh I assume rolling with something hard might work nicely…

I hammered mine flat against smooth surface and they also looked better.

I got these “quilting hexagon templates”

Damn do they make hexagons easy.

They are on amazon, or just ask your nanny to borrow hers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AE4RH20/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526133162&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hexagon+template&dpPl=1&dpID=61F5HvQ2XRL&ref=plSrch

13 Likes

Turn your cheap ass portable Bandsaw into a Bitchin vertical Bandsaw…

17 Likes

Low pro 90° servo wire connector for those tight little boxes. :wink:

21 Likes

There are these things, might serve the purpose with two cuts you would get a round end. You can find different size radius is you look around.

Just need to raid the wife’s craft bin!

1 Like

mmmm nice findand stay outta there!

Not sure they would be strong enough,more a pliers guy

One of my motors has been causing me so much trouble… One of the latest things was the stripped threads that made me loose all 4 screws securing the motor to the mount during a ride. lol.

Some people might drill and re-thread with a tap, others would use an insert…but this part of the motor is made out of soft aluminum, and rethreading would most probably lead to another stripped threads…and I don’t have tools for the threaded inserts.

So instead I took hex nuts small enough to fit on the inside of the motor, put the screws in (with added threadlocker…also made sure nuts and screws would not interfere with windings) and epoxied down the nuts to the motor. No more stripped threads.

Edit… I even added som nail-polish onto the bottom of the screw+nut for isolation. lol. Don’t know if it would help or not. :nail_care:t3:

7 Likes

or just 3D print one :wink:

1 Like

Low key, simple handle made from Bones rails (or any other brand). Cut them down to the size you want, find the balance point and attach. Obviously you won’t lugging it super long distances this way, but it is easy to pick up on the fly and carry a bit.

15 Likes