Esk8 pet peeves?

“Boosted recommends using 9/64 inch hex for removing motor mount screws”

but then there are two versions of each tool at the hardware store

metric and imperal

The esk8 young crowd. If you’re in your teens or twenties you’re a duchebag. It’s not your fault. Society and your parents let you become that way. Just know most of what you put out there is embarrassing and you have a couple of decades to go before you’re ok. And yeah some of you are young electrical genius’ but you’re just duchebag nerds

2 Likes

Idiots on bike paths who somehow become confused on the two lane system and think it’s OK to walk or ride 5 abreast.

I suppose this isn’t esk8 specific, but still fucking annoying.

5 Likes

what i feel so insulted :sob::joy:

6 Likes

Every board reviewer saying “boosted killer” on every review of generic Chinese hub motor with the exact same config…

12 Likes

I like this thread.

My personal biggest pet peeve is traffic lights that don’t give a walk signal if you hit the button a second after the light has turned. Traffic is still going the right way for me to cross, but no, no crossing for you. This is why people jaywalk, because traffic engineers don’t give them a second thought.

On the other hand, I love traffic lights without crosswalk buttons that automatically give the walk signal. Two seconds late to hit the button? No problem, the walk signal is already on, ride right across.

With regards to helmets: This issue is actually nuanced. I personally always ride with a helmet and flatland gloves.

The biggest danger to Esk8 and bicycling is collisions with cars. Second by a good margin is single bike/sk8 accidents. This means that any behavior that causes cars to behave more cautiously near you is good. Wearing a helmet has been proven (with bicycles) to cause drivers to be less cautious near you, increasing the chance of a collision.

So helmets are likely to decrease your chances of head injury in a fall or collision, but likely increase your chances of collision with a car.

Source: https://psyarxiv.com/nxw2k

1 Like

dO yOu tHiNK I CaN ibUiLd A bOOsTeD CloNe FoR $600?

13 Likes

Dishonest and shady reviews…

Builders who get full of themselves and think they are THE guru of esk8. Get over yourself

Having to wait for loctite or jbweld to dry. I just wanna skate!!!

8 Likes

wait, we have to let it dry!?

3 Likes

Tried not waiting for jb weld to fully dry and cure my cheapo walmart tail light. List it first five miles of the group ride…what other choice did i have? Esk8er gotta esk8🤷🏼‍♂️

how about loctite?

1 Like

Classic older superiority BS.

Yes some, not all. I have 3 kids, are they doomed because I have failed them as a parent?

Every generation thinks the next generation is such shit. Gets old hearing this all the time.

19 Likes

These are the people who hate their lives. Sad Susie, Debbie Downer… Give them something great/positive they’ll turn it into shit for ya.

I use to call some old coworkers doom and gloom haha. Always got something horrible to say.

13 Likes

How am I a douchebag? I mean I can be rude, but so can everyone else.

4 Likes

Kids who can’t, or don’t, spell and use punctuation.

2 Likes

So adults are fine?:thinking:

Prejudice is one of the worst things about everything in life. Maybe some young people are guilty of what you meant but so are plenty of older people. But being open minded and helping others open their minds is better than judging them due to age, sex, race, etc.

Yes, I was dumb as bricks in my teen and early twenties. Getting older definitely changed my maturity, but I’m still a douchebag to some, such as people who makes comments like this…I’m almost 40. Still too young to not be a douche?

11 Likes

I stereotype because 99% of the time it’s people who grew up with smartphones that can’t spell, and people who didn’t grow up with smartphones who can spell. Extrapolating on the average age of folks who grew up with smartphones – yes, kids.

1 Like

Lol I love the internet. I’m launching a soft, pro-bullying campaign. It looks to be working…?

1 Like

You are actually 14 aren’t you?

3 Likes

100%

I’m just saying it’s the internet and a light hearted forum. Let’s all chill