Esk8 Security Products

I don’t condone extreme measures of violence over petty theft, however @b264 is right. Just carry the board inside.

1 Like

I always carry a big knife with me, but I think everyone having a gun is just a horrible idea. There’s enough wrongful deaths already without everyone feeling they need to have a gun just in case, lol. Where in TX you from?

acid in the face is not petty theft… also my motto for violence like this is its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

1 Like

currently i’m in houston

1 Like

Oh really!? Sweet, what part? I was living in Montrose for most of the time I was there.

I’m speaking in the context of eboards being lifted by thieves. It’d be one hell of a day where it’s morally justiable to shoot a person over a skateboard. Then again, there have been cases of people shot and stabbed over a 6 pack of beer.

2000 acid attacks in 3 years, london had more murders than New York (for a few months anyway), over 40,000 knife offences in the UK this year alone! but honest citizens are not allowed to arm themselves in any way shape or form, of course!

I honestly dont know if being able to carry a firearm would make it worse or better. But i do know the bad guys can get guns very easily. The most popular hobby with the youth is stabbing each other, not sure if they would start shooting each other if they had easier access to firearms.

i mean i got jumped by a few guys because they thought i was gay… managed to stab 2 guys and get away but i got my jaw broken in the process from a baseball bat (im straight BTW, not that it matters) and yea… people dont need a reason for extreme violence and e-boards for a lot of people replace their vehicles (like myself) it wouldnt be that hard to swing a court case to show that when u get into the cost and “engineering” that goes into them

@uigiroux we’ve had this convo before haha when we conversed about my delta/wye switch in pms xD

1 Like

Oh that’s right, lol. Sorry my bad, I remember that now though. Any progress being made on that switch? Such an amazing idea!

yea but not ready to send off for PCB’s to be made yet

oh crap man. sorry to hear that!

homophobes are not known for their intelligence or working gaydar!

glad you lived to fight another day!!

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that. And yeah it may be legally justifiable to shoot someone over your electric skateboard, but in my mind, it’s an uneccesary death over something inanimate. If it is a life and death situation where the thief means great bodily harm to you, then fire away.

i had my butterfly that i forged and made, sadly i only had it a week before that incident and now it sits in an evidence locker til they identify who i stabbed or “x” amount of time passes

thank god you are not in the UK, you would be serving time now for carrying a knife and then a whole lot more for using it, while the police didn’t bother to go after the guys who jumped you.

a farmer got serious time for shooting a burglar who had broken into his house after he had been robbed like 10 times previously and the police did nothing. probably the same guys doing the robbing too. he only wounded the burglar very slightly.

Being a thief is a choice, and you should not be defending them. I’d be just fine if my state implemented the death penalty for stealing. We’d have less thieves. Being a thief is a choice you make, and you are free to decide to not steal.

yea, thats silly, and they would not find him even if they tried, it happened at an event that had THOUSANDS of people at it and spans the length on a peninsula… here in texas tho it was self-defense, and until they have a 2nd party present then charges cannot be pressed on either side, if they wanted to get me for “murder” then they would need a body which still has not presented itself… oh, and the person that helped me get to the cops was a local nurse that happened to see the whole event (idr most of what happen she told me) but i remember them saying hey homo, and when i didnt respond (mainly because i didnt know they were talking to me) one grabbed me and then i got cracked with a bat and blacked out

also, its legal here for use to carry any blade openly, to include full blown swords, i have a 6ft katana i carry around randomly

I’m not defending any thief. I just don’t agree taking someone’s life is the proper response to them stealing your skateboard.

Like a Ōdachi?

You’re entitled to your opinion, but having a wreck is an accident. I feel the way you do about those things. Stealing things is a choice you make, and I can’t feel sorry for thieves. I hope they trip and fall on a knife. Or, they can just go and steal things from you and stay away from me :smirk:

Well I appreciate that you have your opinions as much as I do mine, but unlike you, I’m not going to wish violence onto other people, or even other people in this community… as you did with me.