eSk8Tube Video thread

@longhairedboy sweet ass video bro!.. I like it. lots like a nice place to ride.

2 Likes

Nice, that winding bike path looks super fun to ride!

2 Likes

I had no plans to ride today but whenever a friend asks I find it hard to resist. My buddy even managed to do a manual and this is the first time heā€™s been on an eboard.

16 Likes

Love you videos. Just captures how much fun these things are to ride. Did security tell you to move on out of that carpark.

2 Likes

@RunPlayBack @onloop yeah that paved trail is my absolute favorite place to ride. Its about 40 minutes from my house but its totally worth the drive. Florida is filled with awesome bike trails like this. I plan to ride them all before iā€™m dead. lol

2 Likes

Yeah we got kicked outā€¦didnā€™t realize that office spot was open on Sundays. But the parking garage is definitely fun to ride in and is somewhat protected from the elements out here.

2 Likes

I plan to tackle some trails when the weather warms up. Do you roughly estimate your speed and distance to measure when you need to head back to your car or just wing it?

2 Likes

Being uber familiar with the trails helps, but yes, thatā€™s exactly what i do: roughly estimate and wing it. I turn around at 52% battery if my guess of the halfway point hasnā€™t arrived yet and attempt to maintain the same kind of riding style on the way back. So far that way of doing it has not failed me.

The trail in that video is 4.87 miles long from my parking spot to the board-walk dead end where i turn around, which makes for a ~9.7 mile ride total. My 220Wh 6S (The Red Baroness, which is currently dead, needs battery) can make that ride provided i keep it below 15mph (which for me is run out speed, barely need pads or helmet or anything, so sometimes i donā€™t wear any gear and just sip my soda the whole way and let me hair fly). Scarlet is running a re-packed space cell, so its a 10S 270Wh board and can make that trip while averaging almost 20mph, which means plenty of top-out stretches as long as i keep the cruise more casual at some points. It also means iā€™m wearing a helmet and I have pads under my hoodie and jeans.

My next build is going to be a 12S 12Ah ~530Wh single drive 6372ish graphene lipo build and Iā€™m going to utterly murder that trail from start to finish, possibly twice in a row. Sometime this year, i may have the extra cash for my personal ride to update it and do this. My propdrive 270s are still killing it, but i think The Baroness will likely end up on a shelf as a conversation peice if i canā€™t find ā€œthe rightā€ pack for it.

2 Likes

i posted this video on my facebook page and a fellow skater comments ~ ā€œsounds like a mad scientistā€ . well then , i am !. iā€™m not hurt by that comment . i see it as a complement . just a crazy mad most wanted scientist that never get to invent anything .

i 1st found out about electric skateboard was in sept 2014 . spent 8 hours watching youtube videos just about electric skate/longboard . got my 24v 1st brush dc motor ready made eboard the next few days .

got my 1st brushless dc motor , dual diagonal kit at 30th sept 2015 . got it all fixed & wired up on 16th oct 2015 . dc wiring are easy to understand . when it comes to bldc , iā€™m new to it . thanks to a fellow eboarder whom once in a while advices & educate me on certain times he is available .

so , in all i took SIXTEEN days to figure out which wire goes to which connectors and finally , i just gotta record my 1st spinning wheels . watch . the one with red wheels are the weak and slow HUMONGOUS dc motor eboard .

5 Likes

What program did you use to postprocess your video? Itā€™s looking really slick ! Nice wheelie !! Nice board !!

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: How to make great Electric Skateboard Videos | GEAR GUIDE

esk8fr just posted a video. a tv channel made a report about the eskate community in france:

itā€™s all in french and mine is pretty rusty but itā€™s still a good wach!. product placement for enertion made it in there two :slight_smile:

6 Likes

so electric boards go a long way back . previously gas powered ones . very informative . bonjour ! ! ! !

1 Like

yes! they where 30-40km/h fast and extremely loud (chainsaw motor). because of the noise, all motorized skateboards / bikes / scooters where banned in California. New eboards etc. automatically fell under this law up until it was finally lifted recently to accommodate to the new technology

1 Like

in singapore , you can get a $500 ticket if plain~clothes National Environment Agency officer catches you . they will wait for you to completely slow down and have a rest (sitting probably) and demand for identity card . and issue a $500 ticket . you can of course appeal (if granted) for reduced $100 ticket . so far i never encounter any of them , police or other government agencies .

1 Like

Go watch Goonies. They go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. The little asian kid (i think his name was Data) had a gas powered board. Of course he also had a grappling hook in his belt buckle. lol

5 Likes

I still remember that movie like it was yesterday, the grappling hook was a pair of toy teethā€¦ good times !

3 Likes

@longhairedboy also the B.R.A.T. patrol, one of the kids in that had one too. that was the turning point for me.

6 Likes

i just LOVE the sound it makes !

for those motocycle rider , they LOVE the sound of their bikes,

for me and people whom watched this video , they also GOT TURNED ā€œONā€ by the sweet melody of this dual motor sweet ride oā€™ mine

sorry for the bad video quality . down here in singapore , most people like to stereo type . they wont want to ride with me since iā€™m now 47yrs old . unlike those french engineers video ; they have a crew occasionally conduct group activity . and they wont mind skating with anyone . wished we had that kind of group here .

:smile:

4 Likes

haha thats a good video. I like Singapore, I went there for the F1 GP one year. looks like a nice place to skate. you really should sloder that dongle onto the wiiceiver though!!

2 Likes