Eskate PTSD (it's a thing?)

Falling is a part of skating…on a normal skateboard lol falling at 30mph is not and should not be part of skating. Especially when you consider yourself an experienced enough rider to know you can handle most situations. But nobody can predict or compensate for electrical errors which can happen anytime regardless how good the product is or who built it. Thats where the ptsd comes from. Its like someone just whispered into your ear as your going 30mph and said your remote is about to get interference from that guys wifi and slam on the brakes and throw you face first into the pavement. Probablt wont happen again but its the knowing that makes it the worst

You might be on to something there

The other problem is the power and speed of the boards is going up. When I started this journey my boards only went about 17mph and couldn’t climb a hill. Now I’ve got dual motor boards that can climb Pike’s Peak and probably do in excess of 30mph (I’ve never tried, see above :slight_smile: )

When I started I built my own remotes using XBees with Serial link to VESC and I never had a communication problem. But one day I got a static hit and the board ranaway (stupid of me not to shield properly) and another time the XBee module popped out of the connectors (stupid of me not to glue it in there)

The key is rigorously testing fringe conditions. I didn’t do this, Enertion hasn’t done it.

But I’m going to be working on a waterproof remote over the winter, so I will likely go back to the XBees. Only do a lot more testing this time.