Eskating Motor 6374 makes annoying sounds on cracks

Heyy! I’m replying to you via WhatsApp!!

2 Likes

The axle of the can has shifted a little lengthwise. You have to loosen the grub screws on top of the can and lightly tap the axle from the other side while holding the can. Unfortunately this will probably happen again in the future unless you use some retaining compound like loctite 680 between the can and the axle. These 2x3mm grub screws are too small to be able to take all the torque these things produce.

1 Like

But they are sensorless and have different dimensions.

No, there are wrong shims/washers inside. U have to replace or add some new ones. I can show I maybe later the result.

U have to push from the backside of the can, then there appears a little gap on the front. This u have to fill with some little special washers from messing I guess.

I stand by my post. If you loosen the grub screws on the rear of the can and push the axle from the front, then the washers will touch the bearing. Tighten the grub screws and you are set.

1 Like

This is more the dirty way :sweat_smile: the axle should always be flush with the end of the can. Much better would a little hole where the grub screws can find in. Then it will never move again. (Not a complete hole… just a 1mm Deep one)

Well, mine do not. Always a chance of a dud.

1 Like

The axle in these motors only has two flat spots so it can move easily along its length.

So after I put some washers inside the gap between can and mount is a bit bigger and not more moveable.

BUT: the problem still exists. It still makes a strange sound when I hit a big crack or something. Its a really metallic sound.

ESKATE.eu (@fottaz) brought up a complete new idea. If the board gets a hard hit, the can acts like a bell… That could really be the problem. Before I just run a very solid 6364 Motor

This construction maybe will never do any sound when I hit a strong crack because its more an unibody stile motor as u can see on the picture. So MAYBE everything is normal, and I am just not used to it. Maybe someone other with more experience can tell us more.

(s-l1600 )