[EU] Caliber mount Update: Shipping out all pre-orders :)

I guess you want to cut the bottom piece from 15 mm sheet, so you can’t go wrong with an M8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe add a hole for an idler pulley?

1 Like

Did you saw the mounts by @marcmt88 ? They have a lot better design!

my thoughts on your design:

• belt tension by shifting motor or idler pully is needed.
  • round the edges of the caliber profile, to fit it better Unbenannt
  • felxible angle of the mount is really nice!
  • no need for that huge edges of the caliber clamp Unbenannt
  • no need for that overlap:

But I love the idea of having a reliable and fair priced alternative within the EU!!

4 Likes

This is designed to fit with even 15/16mm wide pulley? and… Countersunk screw holes would make it easier to fit wider pulleys/belts…

1 Like

Yes for single drive motors.

And you mean this with screw holes? It would defenityly be better but I have to be milled what would make the pice more expensive :confused:

1 Like

add an adjustable idler pulley (vertically adjustable). That way the motor bolt holes can stay fixed and you can produce it by just laser cutting it. That way you can set the perfect belt tension and improve the efficiency of the drivetrain.

(see ollin revolver mount)

Countersinking should be esily done with just a drill… (on a normal hole though)

1 Like

Hmm yes, but I don’t really like the idea of an idler pulley, because normally it’s put on the side of the belt with no load, and with esk8 the load changes from the one side to the other while breaking/accelerating. I could be wrong though. Who has experience with using idler pulleys?

well… I suggest you visit the several topics about idler pulleys on this thread…

I went form skipping teeth while braking (because I didn’t want to over tighten my 9mm-5M belt) to braking flawlessly and coasting about x2 more.

2 Likes

You should try them then, it has its ups and downs i dont want to use them personally but i understand people do, it removes most of the wear put on the belt from slipping and in general increases the area of contact on the belt.

1 Like

Okay, I will update the design, seems like idler pulleys is the way to go :+1:

3 Likes

Nice! I could design a mlunt mount for you to manufacture if you want me to. Just let me know.

1 Like

Mlunt? 10char

I think he meant to say “blunt”

5 Likes

the dude was trying to say mount :rofl:

3 Likes

yeaaaah for sure…

1 Like

Dont mean to sound like a partypooper but any chance of switching to aluminium? Steel is heavier, harder…and ferromagnetic,

1 Like

Yeah my first plan was to go for aluminum, because you can anodise it in such a cool colors :heart_eyes: But the dude of the metal company suggested steel because it’s stronger and probably cheaper, I will ask him what the price difference would be. If it’s nog to big I will go for aluminum :slight_smile:

I think Alu is a lot easier to machine also…

Concerning the design: Why not take an existing design that has proven to work well? I’ts not like anybody here cares about honoring r&d.

1 Like

If you can fix me a free to use CAD file I might consider to do that :wink:

1 Like

You think that would be a problem for the motors?