[EU] Diyeboard motor

@Skunk life :sweat_smile:

I honestly don’t think your current esc and future motors are going to work @ all together. As I said before, that esc is programed for the motors that came with it. Most likely scenario, you plug everything up, hit the power to go and it coggs like a bitch and you pop the esc. Vesc should be @ the top of your upgrade list @ this point.

Agreed. Will test with my faulty Diyeboard ESC, take it for a spin and see how it goes and if it blows I will have no option but to upgrade :wink:

1 Like

Good luck. Remember safety first bruv

2 Likes

You can always get some cheap Flipsky 4.2 vescs (think you can get them for less than 50Euros from Aliexpress) or the Turnigy sk8 vescs. I currentky use the Turnigy sk8 escs with FOC on 10S and it works like a charm. My Vescs settings are pretty conservative but i can reach ±45kmh without any problems and i have enough torque to do some offroad. +450km’s and no issues yet.

I recently thot one of mine were bust too, turned out to be the esc connection between both parts of it - you tried swamping the motor cables?

Could you link them? Buying from Aliexpress and Banggood is a minefield of shady vendors :wink:

I have tried spinning the motor wo. Connections to the esc, its def wobbily

FLIPSKY FSESC 50A V4.12 Multi-but ESC Contrôle Électronique de la Vitesse pour Planche À Roulettes Électrique RC Voiture Bateau E-vélo e-scooter Robot

You can also find them on ebay

1 Like

Thanks, any advice for a decent controller?

I use the Maytech controller atm but i am planning ffor a firefly remote. It all depends of your budget. A fully assembled firefly remote costs about 130Euro or more , the maytech remote (which is rather ok) costs about 50Euro . Or you also have the Photon remote which looks fuckin’ awesome and the Hoyt puck remote seems to be great also.

1 Like

Hi i am interested…the esc is 1.1DIY e board whif the truck for 50-€??

2.4 mini remote hands down. And its more than a decent remote. Great price and reliable most everywhere. Though there has been mention of certain cities causing drops due to the rf congestion. Mini ftw

Link? :wink:

that’s correct , forgot to mention that one . I used it on my first build and never had any disconnection issue.

The esc needs one of the phase cable to be resoldered and it is the dual 1.1 esc from diyeboard. Unfortunately Someone already asked for the dual motors and battery …

Plan for now (if noone have major issues with it):

I am buying two Racestar 5065 motors, new pulleys from @Boardnamics to do an asymmetrical setup on my 180mm Caliber II. For now I will not upgrade the esc, I will test the Diyeboard 2.1 Esc that I have and use it until it breaks but add a fuse so that a esc-fry wont harm the battery/board. Anyone have the length measures of @Boardnamics mounts with idlers? I am worried that the one facing my battery encosure wont fit.

Will update when upgrade is done :slight_smile:

I thought the diyeboard battery was the bottleneck? So even if you upgrade to VESC’s it wont be able to draw more current from the battery rated amps

If I remember well the diy battery is rated at 50A.so the batt max per vesc would be 25A.

3 Likes

Thank you for handling my light work lol

1 Like