(EU) - Group Buy - Cheap Hub Motor Set 90 mm CANCELED

I’d be also interested in buying those, although I need some clarification upon ESC controllers first. How are you thinking about making those motors work?

I didn’t really understand your question. Anyhow you can both use any ESC or VESC. In term of cost you could go for an Dual ESC (meaning one ESC drives two motors) from diyeboard itself (so probably you can add it to this order directly) or buy a 2 cheap VESCs from hobbyKing or the dual Maytech VESC (only one needed) (under 100 euro solutions). If you can spend more any VESC will work, but you need two of them. I hope it is more clear now. The only question I have still open is whether is possibile to connect the sensor cable to the VESC from this motor to run them sensored. Maybe we can ask Jason about it

2 Likes

How many are we up to?

If we do it pretty fast one for me :wink:

If everyone in this post wants to take one, we´ve 6 so far.

1 Like

Not bad…

1 Like

Kind of lost but are you ordering from diyeboard?

1 Like

Yes it is from Jason diyeboard

1 Like

I see Jason posted that the factory is open again :grinning: I was wondering whether someone knows how to connect the sensor cable from this motor to a 4.12 VESC. I know the pins are different. Is it possible just t re-solder them? Otherwise would be cool to ask Jason directly about it.

I already messaged them about the price and they´ll figuring something out.

Sensor is a smaller connector than on the vesc. You have to get an adapter:

or you can solder one.

1 Like

So it is 2mm 6 pins on the VESC and 1.5mm 6 pins on the motor. Right?

Yes, i just cut them and soldered the proper connector on. Just ask for the hall sensor connector adapter wire for your Vesc´s. The hubs don´t have a temperature sensor so you leave one wire out on the JST 6 pin connector.

1 Like

No the motor has only 5 sensors, it´s a complete different adapter.

1 Like

Indeed because if I look at the picture online seems that are 5 pins at the motor side

Solder is the way. Thx

1 Like

You have to ask Jason which color is for Gound and which for 5V the other ones dosn´t matter, just make sure you soldered them in the same way on both motors.image This picture is not from me but from a different post where someone figured the same thing out. Good luckhttp://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/honey-driver-honey-velocity-v3-deck-caliber-iis-83mm-evolve-gt-wheels-dual-om5065-200kv-space-cell-pro4-diy-pulleys-enertion-pulley-bones-super-reds-enertion-mounts-winning-remote-chaka-vescs-build-complete/5760

2 Likes

Thx for the Info!

I can of course offer you guys to solder the right connector for the vesc for a small amount.

Thx a lot! Theoretically since the jst connector goes inside in one direction only we could see the order by comparing the picture of the cable with the ESC they sell it. Of course we still need to know the order on the ESC.

Oh thx! Let’s see which deal we’ll get know. I am curious

Yes, at the moment i just soldered my Maytech hubs and on them Black was Ground and Red 5V, but i am not sure for the DIYe ones. You will figure that out! I am keen hearing about the ackmaniac firmware with this hubs, please let us know!

I will use the ackmaniac firmware. I will make a build thread for the board and post there. How do you find the Maytech’s hubs? I was doubting between the two.