EU Law - (The Netherlands) for Electric Vehicle / Longboard

To be honest I believe I had all of the documents from the Ministry already. BUT the paperwork is thick as hell, in Dutch and it requires RDW test for that. I am not used with the process, that is one heck of a problem.

RDW test cost at minimum 800 euro up to 1500 euro. This applies to one product in particular and NOT similar model of vehicle. VIN number is the things you are looking for from RDW.

1 Like

OK, so it makes sense to not try to get the DIY esk8s tested etc., but only popular retail models such as the Boosted Board. If you have got all the documents, please let me know and I will go over them.

Cheers

1 Like

If you get ticket and they take your board, your next build should be built on this deck so you can wave it to the cops

15 Likes

I’m also happy to help out and take the next step with the process. Let us know Laurentius!

2 Likes

Really nice read! Thanxs @laurnts for the efforts you put in!

I am on the waiting list for the new boosted board.

1 Like

Amsterdam resident here, I’m buying a BB as soon as I can get my hands on one. If anyone has one for sale in the area let me know. I saw a guy riding one yesterday in Oost. I guess if you keep your speeds to a normal level you could get away with looking like a regular longboarder. I get a lot of shit on my regular longboard from cyclist, but they are always in a crap mood in Amsterdam so that won’t change I guess.

Any Amsterdam riders out here?

3 Likes

It is not just about not being caught - you need to also be aware of what will happen if you are involved in an accident. Even if it is not your fault you will have problems because you did something illegal. Keep that in mind and ride super careful.

2 Likes

Don’t want to push old stuff, or get some old cows out of the river :wink: (Dutchies will get it) but are there any updates on this topic?

Hey thanks for the great information.

Do you have some new updates for us about the EU - (The Netherlands) for electric vehicle/Longboard subject. Becuase i really want to buy an electric skatboard!

I’ve just did some conversations with some entrepreneurs on their opinions regarding electric skateboard. Some said that its fine as long as you don’t attract so much attention with your build and speed. People start using hoverboard again in city center and they seemed to be fine with it. I also believe that the law is starting to change abit. In Austria for instance, they already allow small electric vehicle to be used in the city. This allowance would be soon applied to most countries. Time will tell.

What have entrepreneurs to do with the legalization of esk8s?

Goverment is very supportive here to entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs have alot of influence.

Entrepreneurs can’t do much, only pressure from community can. The more common it is, the more visible the government would notice. Therefore they are the one who will make action and decide the future. As more and more people are needing it, the chances are huge that esk8 in very near future would be commonly seen on street. The invention of Segway already mark the beginning of personal transportation which is publicly allowed. Its just a matter of time.

Will find it out soon, board is almost ready. Time to make Leeuwarden unsafe. Still i get it why cops won’t like these. All vehicles here need a license plate, a board would fall under the blue license plate which means 15kmh in busy areas and 25kmh in unbusy (out of the city). You also need insurance for the vehicle. Good thing would be if they could be labelled like Segway’s. And skateboards would only require a helmet.

Tbh if you want to debate about allowance of electric longboard, it falls in the category of special moped (similar to segway). It would be the same as ebike with pedal assits (not speed pedelec). There is no legal rules saying that eboard is illegal atm.

1 Like

Sorry for being butthurt. Let’s hope for the best! Set rules but don’t bann it altogether! Does anyone know any way we could raise attention? Can we help somehow?

1 Like

Dont crash

1 Like

making a campaign for the electric skateboard also what gets attention is when people just drive electric skateboards that is the best attention that we have.

2 Likes

I will work on this legalisation in The Netherlands again. I hope I could reach the ministry for permission, but first I need a solid working prototype and or board.

2 Likes

Well I’m building one from scratch now. So maybe we can teamup when I’m done. Already had some contact with the minister of infrastructure&milieu about a similair subject… (no success) but I would like to help atleast.