Evolve Carbon GT Battery/BMS/ESC Upgrade

Slick Carbon Jaydawg! I’ve just bought an old CGT on AT’s that I’ll jam an 18650 into, probably 10S5P, with stock electronics until something blows up.

1 Like

Thanks. No room for pcb, let me know if you take another approach. Otherwise, the butterfly approach is about the only config you can do.

A little wolf in sheep’s clothing. To confuse the masses, haha

2 Likes

Ah, good to know! Thanks mate

Hey bro, think I want to order some 4P groups. Can you send me the info on the PCBs? I am paying $1.20 USD plus shipping and I think I might as well go bulk order. Thanks

Jason

I think I still have 10 of them in my kit, as I’m going 10s5p on my next pack so won’t need them. Can send you the gerber files too though.

Hit me up via [email protected] and I’ll email you the gerber file set mate.

1 Like

Ah cool. But I think shipping over the pond might make it a moot point. How about that batt spacer? Did you end up perfecting it?

Yep, the last recipient was very happy with the fit. I’ll be doing the controller spacer for CGT soon with my upgrade too.

Ooooh interesting. You went braid to wire. How did you mate those two up? Soldered it?

Yeah, I drowned the braid in solder and it bonded nicely to the nickel strip. No fat 12AWG to contend with until the end of the pack where the braid runs off the end. Went 35E’s on this one too, see if I get any more range out of her. Will put 8" MBS as well, for commuting to work. Love the stiffness of the carbon. Did you get your PCB’s?

Going to make my own badge too… reworking the original kit to perform like it should’ve out of the box, Revolve, whaddya think?:grin: RevolveBadge

4 Likes

Just finished my 10S5P pack for the CGT, but I’ve encountered a problem! I plug the battery in and it turns on, even when the power button is set to off. I then unplug the switch from the controller board, and it still turns on as soon as I plug the battery in! Any thoughts?

Hard to see in the pic but your neg battery and neg power out to esc might be around the wrong way on the bms. Bat neg go’s to the corner. Neg bms to escfrom the middle of the bms How did the range go with 35e With a 31v cut of there is still a lot of energy in the cells

Thanks very much, you were dead right! I swapped them around and now it works fine. It cuts out in GT mode though, even though I’ve moved the heat sensor away from electronics etc. FAST is fine though, I’m getting up to 42 km/h and at least 20Km range on 8" AT tyres, 55psi, with all up weight of 180lbs.

1 Like

Hi, I’m needing a new battery on CGT. I have pretty limited skills. Could get a friend to solder. Can anyone recommend a good option? Cheers.