Evolve CGT not turning on_ Esc over heating

@esk8jpn? Does the stock Evolve battery just plug and play with the Focbox Unity?

Does the BMS or the battery itself need to be changed?

EDIT

@Eboosted I just saw last year you had the same problem, were you able to tell what failed on the ESC? if you read my description above and look at the photos can you tell me if you spot anything suspicious?

And my last problem is now i don’t know what to do. I beleive i have 3 options. I paid 950 euros for this board btw. It has only 50 Battery cycles used on it and the board is in great condidtion.

#1 Pay 250 odd euros to get it fixed then sell for around 1000 euros and make a custom evo falcon all terrain board.

#2 Buy the new hobbywing ESC for evolve for 175USD and sell like above.

#3 Redo the whole board into a focbox beast but i will end up being the same price as a new GTR or whatever and think that is stupid.

The stock Evolve battery pack is a Deans connector, it cannot be plug and play with Unity. You need to create an XT60 conversion cable.

Deans connector 031004000001

Don’t need to replace the BMS.

1 Like

You can’t just unplug the battery and connect a Unity as the remote works with the original ESC.

If I were you I’d but a new 10S4P Li-Ion battery pack with bms, an unity and a remote and enjoy a completely better board in all ways

1 Like

@Eboosted if I change the battery then I will sell this board and go DIY.

If I change the dean connector to xt60 and buy a new remote for unity will it work?

remember I brought the gt 2nd hand on a budget. now if I start upgrading the battery, …, etc then it will be just more expensive then building one DIY that would be richer both electronically and powerfully. I think in any case I will sell it to a friend so I can ride with someone and then make my self a monster board but I need to know what will and won’t work with the unity, please.

Thanks again Alan… if I go DIY I am sooo buying that Evo falcon enclosure :heart_eyes:

1 Like