Evolve GT | Customization's, Tweaks & Mods

@spanyardo I just looked it up, go to the main Carbon GT thread and look up post 1673 if you want to see the 3m clear bra on a CF deck.

Thank you I’ll check it out

Added some grip tap to the edges of the board as well as the blue Evolve wheels. The grip tape on the edges is absolutely necessary in my opinion.

2 Likes

This is really going to help me out thanks.

Has anyone modified 107 mm flywheels to fit the GT?

@caustin Have you done this?

I have mangled the 107mm onto caliber II’s in 9mm dual diagonalbut not GT. I have mangled MBS AT 100mm onto GT 9mm & 15mm. Mangling the 107mm onto GT requires slicing about 5mm of uro off the inside of 107mm to fit into Evolve trucks. The extreme deep centerset and massive contact patch leaves not enough threaded axle to bolt wheels on with pulley. Not that dedicated to 107mm to modify evolve trucks, so probably will slim down a pair of 107mm’s at one point…for science. I understand it is actuallky better to slice uro than cut/saw given the bite back. Anyone with experience there to share?

2 Likes

I was thinking of using a belt sander or something

There was a thread, either here or endless sphere about how to do that. Seems as much as you think other methods work, slicing uro is the best path. Was written by a guy who works with uro daily for his job, and other methods the uro bites and chunks out. Slice is clean fast. Seemed like made sense, no one challenged him like you usually see lol. Look for that thread.

Slicing it how? Just got the wheels. how do i do it? I heard someone talking about using a belt sander. I have to cut off the whole beveled edge off. I haven’t seen any good examples of what I should do

1 Like

Is it really worth mangling these 107’s will I appreciate the difference that it will make? I ride in NYC. I love the cushy AT wheels but sometimes I think they are too bulky. Will I notice the difference from the 97mm wheels.

Anybody knows if the battery pack of the Bamboo GT is upgradable? I know one of you guys called Whitepony did it on the older carbon, brand new battery pack and the range went through the roof. Either this or add another pack somewhere as a spare or in parallel to the other one, would that be possible and if yes how?

I’m asking this because my rides are very very long and I love the AT setup but sometimes the range isn’t good enough for me so I went back to street and trying to see if I can mod the beast.

I have chosen not to mangle the 107’s even though I actually have a used spare set. You should ride around on the 107s on a non esk8, and see the difference. There is still quite a difference from the 97s, good and not as good. I did not have the heart to reduce the 107s lol. I am finishing a new build with 107s in dual diagonal 6374 motors, will be able to compare and see the real esk8 difference then.

1 Like

I rode a guys older Evolve Bamboo - where he swapped to a small drop Landyachtz deck. Felt amazing! The small (1/4-1/2" i’d guess) was perfect for locking in the feet and felt super comfy! He got the idea after seeing the Carbon as it looks to have a small drop.

Surprisingly good ride w/ only one motor. Both of the guys i met at this esk8 meetup were on Evolve - fun to swap boards and try them out!

His board - single motor older Evolve Bamboo (not GT like i originally thought): https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1306/3089/products/FOTO2064_2048x2048.jpg?v=1463957166

The closest i could find quickly and i think this is what he used - Landyachtz 38 switchblade (same length as bamboo): http://landyachtz.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/e/web_-switchblade_38_ht-_angles.jpg

HTH!

1 Like

Hats off to you sir! I tried to wrap mine last night. What an absolute nightmare! I gave up at 1am and ripped it all back off

1 Like

haha you have to check out this guy:

He is just genius lol :smiley: but it turns out someone had sent him in such solution… I assume accidental trigger touching on evolve is a common thing-- should install some diy made ‘‘dead man’s’’ switches- switches, which you have to hold, before any trigger action can be activated.

2 Likes

Added some LED Lights (Safety first), then look like more off-road Jeep style :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Could you send a link to these lights?

The remote is deceivingly tough. I have crashed twice where I slam the remote and scratch the hell out of it. It survived. Although I did have to turn the board on/off to reconnect properly.