Evolve GT motor mounts

If you let me or Marc know exactly which motors and their dimensions, we can measure to ensure a fit first

Ok I’ll contact before I order anything. Thank you!

Single SK3 Turnigy 6374 running on Kegel 83mm

Keg1

Keg2

Keg3

Keg4

Keg5

Keg6

2 Likes

Hey I would be interested in this kit too. Can I use the stock motors and wheels? Just having problems with bending my mounts.

The inside-facing mounts would fit the stock motors, but you’ll have to drill and tap a new grubscrew hole in the steel gear and drill a grubscrew hole in the motor axle because the pulley will need to move 4mm further out on the shaft.

stock motors = racerstar 5065 150kv self-balancing scooter motor

Unless @marcmt88 can make it thinner in the motor area, I measured and there is 5.92mm between the pulley and motor face, and the pulley can’t really be moved on the motor shaft.

Please post a link to the stock motors and wheels.

https://evolveskateboardsusa.com/collections/gt-bamboo-parts/products/motor-gt-series

These off the Bamboo GT Street

What is the dimension of the motor can + the collar?

49.5mm diameter can tapers over 10.0mm to 44.0mm diameter where it touches the motor mount Bolt holes are on 37.0mm diameter centers, 4 bolts 90 degrees apart, M4 Wires are in line with one of the 4 bolts

70.0mm from motor mount face to back of axle/can 6.0mm from motor mount face to pulley (thickness available for mount which should be 5mm thick)

Pulley is 24.0mm diameter and needs to be able to push through motor mount (the pulley is not really removable, at least not easily) (8mm axle inside)

So the axle hole through the mount needs to be 24.5mm diameter

2 Likes

What he said lol

LoL I happened to have one of the motors and a pair of calipers and a keyboard right next to me when he asked :wink:

So what is the deal? could I use these? I need some new mounts.

According to @b264 above, I would need to modify my current Evolve GT mount to fit your motor. Best if you could send the motor to me.

Hey man your product honestly looks awesome and I would like to support you but having to send out a motor I am using is a bit much. I just figured that since it’s a part for an Evolve board it would work with an Evolve motor.

Sorry dude, only way to assure a working mount is to have a physical motor on hand for fitting.

I sent him MBS ATS trucks to get motor mounts made, worked out great.

Hey mmaner, no lack of trust. Just I use the board as my primary commuting method, and the stock motors cost 150, so this bracket would now cost me 300 dollars.

1 Like

Would you be able to provide these mounts to fit the GT AT setup with 200mm wheels? The stock mounts do not allow me to tighten the belt enough to prevent slipping.

6"x2" pneumatic tires fit with my Evolve mounts, not sure about 200mm. Test them out with your setup, if they don’t fit return for a refund minus shipping.

Available in 3 flavors:

Inside mount :point_down: IMG_2463

Reversed mount :point_down: IMG_2443

Limited edition black anodized mount with optional pulley cover - can be mounted inside or reversed :point_down: file

2 Likes

I’m really digging the limited edition reversible mounts. My only concern would be that it appears that the motor mount points are static, which could limit the distance the motor could be mounted to increase pulley tension, as opposed to the slot points on the outside mount that would allow me to move the motor out to increase pulley tension. Have you found this to be an issue with the stock GT motor and AT gears, or can pulley tension be adjusted enough by moving the pinch bearings in on the pulley?