Evolve GT | Problems & Solutions

uh same issue here, could you perhaps make/post a photo so I know what you’re talking about?

Hi folks,

For longer periods of not being used, what should the battery be stored at? Percentage and voltage wise?

I read mixed answers before for lithium batteries, from people saying 50% to people saying keep it stored at 100%.

I suppose we’d all want our batteries stored in a way that would best preserve longevity and also for safety (avoiding puffing etc.).

Thoughts?

Store at 40-50% or nominal voltage 3.6-3.7v. Anywhere that says to store at 100 or 0% is wrong. batteries are happiest in the middle of the road.

2 Likes

Thanks Jinra!

Got another question that I’m putting out there.

Is there blue LED on the remote supposed to light up when in-use with the board? I’ve noticed photos of people’s remotes, and the blue LED is on.

For mine, it only comes on when I’ve got it plugged into the USB and it’s fully charged up.

1 Like

For people who are nervous of accidentally hitting the trigger while letting it dangle, someone on Reddit has been awesome enough to make a 3d printable trigger cover. Should work on both carbon and bamboo gt remote.
Downloadable diagram to print yourself at 3d hub.

2 Likes

Hey all new here sorry if I’m posting wrong or anything.

My Evolve GT Bamboo came today and after a full charge I took it out to my drive way and when I was pressed the power button a puff of smoke came out and no lights on board. Remote seems to be working fine, won’t sync, board seems dead and I didn’t even get to ride it once.

Are my only options to return it?

Pretty bummed out already got the board late and now waiting for a replacement is really going to kill my time to ride before it gets too cold.

Funny, I sent this over to my 3Dhub print shop and they had just printed one out for someone else lol. Anyone looking for a good 3dhub print shop in NYC, use Tangible in Unuon Square. Eugene there is great and a new esk8er.

2 Likes

He does it! And being that he’s riding one of my boards at the moment I can confirm his mileage.

I’m the other guy.

Haha, awesome. What color & material did you get, ABS?

grey ABS

2 Likes

Dayhum, sweet!

Hi my board (Evolve GT Bamboo AT) puffed out smoke first time I tried to press the power button on first day I got it and now it’s not working.

I have contacted Evolve (service and info email last night) anyone else have this problem?

How long does Evolve typically take to respond how do they resolve these issues? Can I expect them to send me a new board or will I have to wait another month?

Which distributor are you dealing with? I wouldn’t expect a new board, but rather them to fix / attempt to fix the original one. My board Carbon GT malfunctioned on day two basically my first real ride, and I had to send it back to Evolve. It is now at Evolve for a second time after it came back worse than before. I received my board on Aug. 8 and have had it a total of 4 days. The rest of the time it has either been in transit or at Evolve. I am sorry to hear you are having issues and hope for a quick resolution. I will say the Evolve USA has been really responsive despite not having a resolution yet.

I am dealing with Evolve USA too I am unfortunately on the East Coast so I imagine I am at least waiting two more weeks (a week to send it back and a week to get it back).

Yeah I don’t blame them I hope it gets resolved just pretty bummed out. In general they have been responsive in the past and seem really nice.

Yeah I am on the east coast as well and the shipping time is ridiculous. I suggested that they needed an East coast service center or distributor, but they just dismissed that idea saying they are happy with their current distribution network. I took this as they were more concerned with themselves rather than the happiness experience of their customers.

1 Like

They are still new so I kind of understand it but I hope they are looking in to that for the future. This is definitely super inconvenient.

Hi everyone!

I bought the bamboo gt and I got a defective one. The board shut down by itself randomly and it’s not a overheat problem for sure. But I saw that the regenerative bracking can shut down the board if the board is full charge to protect the battery of overcharging. In my case I’m pretty sure it’s not the case but I would like your opinion about that because I think it’s weird to shut down the board when you use brake, in my point of view brake is a really important safety feature on that kind of product! Do you know if a DIY board have this issue?

Thanks (Sorry for the bad english It’s second language)

Did the board shut down or did the remote disconnect? If the board shut down you would have to toggle the power button to reconnect. Also you may have to wait a few minutes for it to “cool down” when toggling to reconnect. Were you close to 100% charge? What setup were you using? AT or Street?

I had a similar problem where my Carbon GT would randomly shut down while riding primarily triggered by braking but happened in all scenarios. Eventually I was able to get it repaired and has been working great for the last 2 weeks.

DIY can have every problem a finished board will have and then some.

Hi thanks for your answer!

The board shut down the remote still on It’s not an overheat problem because it was a short ride in ecco mode and no hill. The battery was around 90% I was on the at setup

I’m happy to heard that they fix your, I had a realy good costumer service but I am worried about they don’t find the problem and send it back with the same problem. This board is for my girlfriend and I am scared because she’s not very good in skateboard. I hope my carbon gt will work well!