Evolve GT | Wheels Sizes & Pulley Setups

I’m on the stock 15/32 with 97’s and have no torque problems at all. Still has crazy acceleration and uphill power. I wouldn’t want to sacrifice the top speed seeing as it’s already too slow for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it’s not that it lacks torque, but for some large hill bombing I can tell the motor is in a happier place with the 83’s than with the 97 mm. But you are right, I went 97s partly for the comfort, mostly to get the extra speed. Probably just need to change between 83s and 97s depending on whether I’m hitting the big hills all day for carving (I find the 83’s more grippy for hard carving), or more speeding around elsewhere. Speed is one of those things I’m finding that slowly becomes a problem… a couple months back 30 km/h seemed quick to me, now 39 seems mundane! I don’t reach the 40’s on this board, do you?

on 97’s i can reach 27mph (43km/h) for a brief time at full charge. I mostly sit around 22-24 mph on average though.

Yeah, thanks mate. I probably hit it briefly too on full charge and no head wind, but not most the time.

97mm ABECs on 38T

I understand the 97mm with 32T has the higher max speed, but does anyone notice a difference in range with the 32T compared to the 38T?

1 Like

One of my motor pulley is completely worn out, it skips like crazy now. I have contacted Evolve, they only sell complete motors and not just the pulley. Pretty damn lame WTF. Are there any other options? Thanks.

1 Like

The types of motor I come across on various websites have the little side guards or whatever its called. They also have the grub screw not located with the teeths themselves like the stock GT pulleys.

Flanges are fine, are you not able to find a replacement motor pulley 15T I think?

I’ll have to check the clearance on the pulley and motor mount. If it sticks out the other way, its fine, i just wont use the belt cover. The other issue is the grub screw location on all the pulleys i see online. Its not within the tooth itself, which means there is a section of the pulley, like a collar basically that will stick out. This can be an issue if the motor shaft is not long enough for the grub screw to catch. I will take pics later to tonight when i get home.

Flanges…that’s what they’re called thanks haha. Yeah 15t

Hmmm, I thiught I usually see motor pulleys with grub screws in teeth as well as versions not in teeth. Worst case, you can always downsize to a 12mm belt. Sacrilege, I know but probably work just fine if the 15mm motor pulley sticks out extra depth of a grub screw and not perfectly line with wheel pulley. Or just put a few extra speed washers in axel and move wheel and wheel pulley out a grub screw distance.

Sorry, got home late last night…no pictures. So, evolve just replied and said a whole new motor assembly cost $189. A simple worn out motor pulley is going to cost $189…pretty ridiculous on parts support on Evolves part. They should be able to provide the pulley itself. I think it is made out of aluminum and not steel.

2 Likes

I might just get a pair of new motors, use the pulley and sell the motors here to someone.

Hi all - my first post here. Ordered my gt carbon 2in1a couple of days ago and excited! I’ve already found this forum useful so thank you.

My question is about wheel sizes and I’m hoping you can please help. Roads around here (Adelaide, South Australia) are fairly rough and I am questioning my choice of the 83mm Evolve wheels. I don’t care about top speed, but I want the smoothest possible ride on the street setup. I actually rang Evolve today to ask their opinion of whether I should go for something else (eg the 97s) but the dude said that they were harder and thus the 83mm Evolve wheels were a good choice. Whilst he seemed nice i didn’t feel like overall i got the best advice. I’m happy to change my choice and don’t want to find that i never set up the street wheels because of a bad decision - so what do you all think? What are the smoothest wheels on potentially rough roads?

Thanks in advance!

Many ppl here are using Flywheels 97mm 75a.

Well, he is correct… but they offer evolve wheels 83mm 76a and flywheels 97mm 78a

So the flywheels are 2a harder… But if you can get 97mm 75a they will be better than the evolve ones…

1 Like

The evolve 83mm are fine but if you are planning to ride ruff terrain with bumps definitely go with the 75a flywheels. I am planning to switch to these soon too

I agree, the 97mm in 75a is the biggest and softes wheel you can get. If Evolve don’t offer them, get them elsewhere, but you’ll have to try very hard to get some, they are very popular and 95% sold out.

It’s unanimous then! Thanks all

No question, I have both and def ABEC 97mm 75a is way to go. Look hard and find them, worth it!