Evolve GT | Why choose Evolve GT -VS- DIY Build/Complete

Brakes, the motor creates sort of a reverse force to brake.

Wtf guys why buy this ugly board

buy this shit instead and you can also upgraded the colour of the wheels and brakes to lol

5 Likes

Chaka’s boards look good with the grip tape on

5 Likes

Has it’s own sweet appeal.

I feel like this fits here

2 Likes

Lol me? Must have missed that. (This was in the old thread, which was the problem.)

All good now

The did do alot of beta testing with current evolve owners. Whether they experienced similar issues and actually tried to rectify it at the time may not of happened from the sounds of it. It is a known issue about the cut off. However it seems to only happen to some on certain conditions. Diy will always produce a better result to the users requirements, but not everyone has the time or nouse to do it. Theres alot of mucking around for begineers especially with those vescs. They arent the most robust bit of electronics. If you dont know ge correct set up.

2 Likes

You don’t have a DIY board if you didn’t DIY. Bespoke is probably the term you are looking for.

1 Like

Who let the fragile troll kids in?

Wow.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry. If you wanted a fast reply, next time hit the reply button for me, ok? It generates an alert so I can get back to you sooner.

Not sure what you are going on about in the rest of your rant there. I’m guessing you had a bad time. Hope your luck has improved either way.

Anyway, my ‘wow’ was that fact you came up with a strawman argument to my original comment. It’s not easy to do but you managed it. I think you could tell it was a weak response, because you backflipped at the end and ran with a ‘splitting hairs’ response. The use of the term ‘splitting hairs’ is another way of saying “yeah, you were right, but I can’t think of a decent response right now”.

You need to relax. There is no tone in text, and you seem to be reading into every comment made directly back to you. It’s a forum. I don’t see why every response needs to trigger an edgy hate-filled rant from you. Just take a deep breath, pause before you respond, and consider for a moment that not everyone on this forum is out to get you.

My original point wasn’t vindictive. I honestly don’t see how you can DIY without DIY. Simple. In most other places what you describe is called getting a bespoke product- nothing wrong with that.

PS: Your opinions lack value once you start to develop the reputation of a hardline skateboard nazi. Might want to work on that.

2 Likes

Are you ok?

Hey Guys need help im 7 feet toll, and 285 lbs and i wanna get Evolve carbon GT is it gonna be good for me or better to build a custom?strong text

@ your size & even smaller than that…go diy… that would be A LOT better option…:call_me_hand:t5:

You’re on a DIY forum and you’re asking if you should buy a pre-built? Haha really?

Build one yourself bro!

i would DIY personally… as i have been… go to NKON for ur batteries since i assume from ur name ur not in the US.

NKON- x60(12s5p) 18650 Samsung 30Q cells - €192.50 @Hummie for a deck - $110 USD ~€95 you will want to source 2 6374/6380/6384 motors from someone in europe to lower wait time/shipping cost OR u can get ahole of hummie for some hubs @marcmt88 for some mounts if he ships to europe hit up trampa for a couple VESC6 ESC’s or @stewii for a couple ESCapes @psychotiller has u covered for the battery cover under the board and source a remote from local RC shop or one of the MANY nice options we have here on the site made by members… its really not all that hard to build

1 Like

Gents, this is clearly a troll :wink:

just realized he said 7 not 6 xD… its 7am here in texas and i have been up all night tinkering with my boards xD

1 Like