Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

I think he’s trying to bridge that gap between e-boards and what we currently know now as skateboarding … It’s a great marketing tactic … Especially, because of his age…that’s Evolves target age range … The ones with money and working and life isn’t thrilling enough type 30-50’s years old… This is a great commercial for other e-board companies…because a mass majority that see this…wont be able to afford it…so the 700-1500 boards will def benefit of this creates a buzz in the market … Of course IMO lol

Life isn’t thrilling enough at 20…shit @CRABOLSKY the board moving under my feet at twitch of my finger pretty much got me hooked for life for better or worse… Everytime its dry and sunny out I imagine how I could be flying up hills and mind-fucking the masses with my magic.

1 Like

The Carbon and GT are long so they can use more batteries nicely along it. The Evolve carbon always had a slim look. Its evolve aim to make an eboard that doesnt look like 1.

1 Like

So gizmag has done a review on the new BB

Interesting mention is this however “While that might be plenty of battery life for a scoot around campus or a quick trip to the store, it did leave Boosted’s Boards some way behind its competitors. Other models like the Marbel Board and Yuneec’s E-Go Cruiser will travel 10 mi (16 km) and 18 mi (30 km), respectively, while the powerful Evolve Carbon GT we reviewed earlier this month is well out ahead with a monster range of 31 mi (50 km).”

Still US$1500 plus more for the larger battery, and then it still only has 12miles at best?? And still only 2000w. What is boosted thinking?

The product that boosted wants to bring to the market is a super tidy product that their customers don’t need to fiddle with…the non DIY types… They target the iPhone user per se … Plug in to charge …when you wanna use it… Grab and go…

I think bb and evolves target markets are slightly different…and it shows in looks, functionality, performance and thier commercials…so different, highlighting different uses (BB comes from a fun, practical, small EV, last mile stand point…Evolve comes from a premium Fun, the Porsche of electric boards, you can ride anything stand point)

Also Boosted is a Kickstarter starlet … And Evolve was built in a more traditional sense…

Two different boards. Two different companies. Two different target markets. (Of course at a point they overlap)

I would say they biggest competion that these two companies face in the future is not each other or another company per se but actually the DIY community. The easier it is to build at home…will give the consumer a reason to pause before they click that " buy " button

2 Likes

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Evolve GT | Riding & Instructional Videos

GEEEEZ dude looks like he’s flying on that grass lol looks like a lot of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like I said @Mr_Mahal

…They have you hooked lol

Yup :slight_smile: Ready to carve it up in the desert : p Why are all the notifications broken??!?!? :frowning: I don’t get notified for anything anymore

Edit: Except for likes lol

3 Likes

I wanna see the same board on grass that’s actually a couple inches deep, that looks like soccer field grass.

Well fuck me man…WOW

3 Likes

Ok that is impressive. No need to carry a battery or charger. This board is going to be the number 1 completes on the market. Evolve have a great distribution hub and sellers all over. Now they need to pump them out.

1 Like

I just saw this on their page. It’s freaking nuts.

its claimed he was traveling on level ground but the tracking function is off. With commercial boards’ past distance claims I am cynical What’s the watt hours? I read they will reveal on the 25th. We will see how legit the claims are.

It is also hard to believe that he drove for 3h straight with only a 2min break. They could have put it on a treadmill for all we know.

@Dedbny yup, just waiting for the 25th announcement : p

@loose_nickers its bananas.

@Maxid pretty sure he split it up. Though the app says stopped I think you can pause it entirely and have it not count towards the time. I will check out the app he used

@Hummie we shall see. He was going quite slow, about as fast as a bicycle but if he went a bit faster he’d probably get around 50km advertised. When I get mine I’ll put it through thorough realistic testing…think he turned tracking off because his phone would’ve died with GPS on that long lol

1 Like

Good point - not sure if the app really allows that but if it does it would make sense.

I also think that “tracking off” is just for at the time the screenshot took place - how else is the app supposed to know the max speed?

@Hummie just chatted with the guy, here’s the map @Maxid no treadmill :slight_smile: but yeah pretty sure no tracking was just for the screenshot

He thought by me asking it was me who doubted him, just a FYI lol

1 Like

Wow - respect to that dude for standing on a board for that long. My legs would have probably not been able to handle that :slight_smile:

Yup – I bet he skipped leg day the day before and after : p