Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

That looks like a deep channel to me but its hard to tell without measurement. Just from what I can see, AT might be your only option if you want to easily transition between street and path.

1 Like

@Rob.Endless damn… Yeah when you get home if you can take a closer up pic of the areas and the specific damaged edges… Trying to assess how bad it would look in person…

Sweet, mine just shipped. All terrain kit shipping tomorrow. Weird thing is the upgrade was only $100.

@Mr_mahal will do, i will take close up pics of the imperfection and post it here. I’m going to send the picture to Evolve as well and ask them if this is common on the CF decked boards that they sell. It is a pretty big area that is just black with no CF pattern whatsoever.

Order #3826 shipped, take delivery Tuesday as NYC

Welp, I’m officially jealous of GT owners right now. At this point, the Raptor feels like a myth and legend to me. You hear story touting its speed and torque, but you never get to see it in person. :neutral_face:

We are a rare breed. Rest assured when you see one (Raptor) in the wild it’ll already be gone before you can blink.

1 Like

Hey guys, just went for a morning ride and tracked it. I was in Fast mode for most of the ride, switched to GT for a few steep hills but then back down to fast again. Totalled 26.69km with an average speed of 17.6kmph because I got lost and had to wait at lights a lot, my average speed on the board was around 30kmph

Here is the tracking info and also the battery was still over 50% by the end of this ride!

1 Like

What is the rare bread you speak of? J/K

Mine is on the way and should be here on Friday. I think I will change it to Will Call at local UPS facility so I don’t miss the delivery while at work.

1 Like

Damn it, that’s like my first time using that phrase lol congrats, I’m assuming you got the street only? I also changed mine to pick up.

I took Monday off so I’m trying to get it as early as possible since I’ll have all day. Will be picking it up at 8am Monday!!! (with a friend who also got his shipped out same day as mine)

Yeah, street only but by mistake. I had a bot checking the website and was in such a hurry to buy it I picked the wrong one. Going to have to order AT wheels and some 97’s soon.

Should be about $210 in total. Was $110 for abecs standalone and I heard the upgrade to AT was $100 from @Jinra – all shipping with my board, asked yesterday as they were shipping for the abecs. I believe they are quite limited with those so I’d ask soon (since everyone will want top speed and the Abecs are literally sold out everywhere except for some places where it’ll cost you near $150+).

ok, just sent them an email about the AT and 97’sl. Is it crazy that I have Friday planned out like one of my work projects?

1. Attend meetings from 8:30-11:30
  2. Drive to UPS facility and pickup GT
  3. Grab lunch on way back to work
  4. Plugin my board in Bosses office (cube would probably blow a fuse)
  5. Leave work early at 4
  6. Doing shopping and other errands 4-6
  7. Helmet from Amazon should arrive by 6
  8. Make excuse to skip dinner with family and hit the street
1 Like

Okay guys, just got back from about an hour and a half ride. I finally got GT mode on and had it at full throttle for long periods of time. The only time I get semi wheel wobbles is when I look down at my feet to reposition them while going fast. Almost flew off the board a few times from braking too hard on accident. I didn’t have my TSG pass helmet on me, i just had a regular skate helmet and shades on. I noticed my eyes started to hurt from all the wind lol. Got back, looked in the mirror and i looked like i was high haha. I wonder if its because of my shades and how it seems to direct air straight into my eyes.

@mr_mahal Pleassssse, put on the clear bra asap. Im not riding mine again till I get mine on. Just shoes alone scuff up the CF’s finish(messed it up on my hour and a half ride) pretty sad about it…imagine how the clear coat of car starts to peel, well…it sorta looks like that.

1 Like

@Shaftdiggity LOL not at all. My schedule for the day of:

1. Wake up and set up cameras and everything for arrival
  2. Go pick up fellow GT soon-to-be-owner
  3. Go to UPS and camp out until open to pick up our boards
  4. Drop new owner off
  5. Film unboxing vid related stuff / charge board afterwards while editing&upload
  6. Change from AT to 97mm
  7. Take board to local track and film
  8. Take board up all my hills and film
  9. Take it down bike paths and test range
  10. Go home and edit edit edit / charge
  11. Night riding time.
2 Likes

@Rob.Endless Good stuff, what was your total range? Did you ride it to death? Will be posting the bra video on day of

I have some good news, i overlooked my set of purple 97mm flywheel clones. @mr_mahal they have the same exact spokes as the legit abec 11’s and fit the Evolve gear drives with no mod needed

going to ask the seller if they have these clones without thick spokes in black.

THEY FIT??!?!??!?!?!??? WHAAAAAAAAAAAA buys cheap clones off eBay & probably not but worth a shot. I actually love that all of them are black I hate the orange

Wait where did you get yours from??

I ordered ollins motors for my diy. debating throwing them in the gt for 36mph…