Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Hello. Were you able to confirm these are comparable to the GT belts? Looking to get spares for the street and AT set-up. I don’t need them yet but just being proactive. Thanks.

http://shop.polybelt.com/260-5m-15-Rubber-Timing-Belt-52-Tooth-B260-5M-15BNG.htm?categoryId=-1

That’s what you need, I just bought 5 myself.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you. I’m assuming this is small one for the street set-up. Any idea on the AT set-up?

Sorry, my bad, I think it’s this one but not 100% sure.

http://shop.polybelt.com/360-5m-15-Rubber-Timing-Belt-72-Tooth-B360-5M-15BNG.htm?categoryId=-1

1 Like

That’s ridiculously long. Thanks for the website though!

No problem. Thank you again!

@Jinra I just counted 72 teeth on my AT belt

weird since the AT setting on the controller is 175mm 66T

I’ll be interested to see how those belts go in terms of life and durability. No doubt they’ll be ok, but IMO Gates makes some of the best belts in the world (subjective, I know). They drive motorbikes (Harleys) , superchargers and timing belts- important benchmarks for high mechanical stress environments. You have bought a very expensive skateboard, and are now going to shop on price for critical components? A belt failure under brakes or acceleration across traffic would be a bad day. Having said that, I have no idea if the linked ones have a quality reputation or not.

That’s the drive cog, the belt is larger due to going over the other pulley as well

Oh, you’re right, my mistake :slight_smile:Edited my link

If time is not an issue you can get these pretty cheap from china. In terms of quality the belts are designed for high torque applications and are made of the same materials as Gates belts. Most wear is caused by debris and scraping the belts, which will degrade a belt regardless of brand. For the price I’m sticking with China.

@Jinra just did a count of the street belt and its looks to be a 250mm 50 teeth 15mm belt. Good thing I double checked as I’m in the process of ordering. Not sure if its gonna help your existing order though.

I don’t disagree with your decision logic, especially re stick/ debris damage, but the argument that they are the same thing is like saying Kumho tyres are the same as Pirelli P-zeros. True, both made of rubber, and they both go on cars, but they ain’t the same tyre. There is a reason why one goes on Maseratis and the other goes on Datto 120Ys. Still, if you want to save $15, fill your boots.

the ones on evolves site for the street is 52T

I do understand their are certain industries where material quality and design will make a big difference. I’m not saying they are the same thing, but in this case though I’ve used these belts for various high load machinery and quality has never been an issue. In terms of price, I just picked up 10 belts for $66 aud (5 street and 5 AT) delivered. 1 gates belt from evolve would be $25 plus shipping. Saving $20 a belt is one thing, having a few spares on hand and not having to wait a few days for shipping is the big bonus.

Fair call mate

Haha I hate counting these things but you can double check

I just counted 50 on mine too. Leave it to Evolve to get you to order the wrong thing :confused:

52T here

I’m sure it’ll work either way, I might just have to move my motor further back.

I didn’t see any mention of 52T on that page. Yeah I just checked if you should be fine with the extra 10mm length and you may be pushing it tight but it should make it.