"Evolved Trampa" | Trampa Street Carver | Evolve drive train | duel Focbox | Sanyo 20700 10s4p |

It’s started pretty weel here ! Well done :wink: Can’t wait to see what happened next :stuck_out_tongue: Amazing DIY, I love it !

1 Like

Same problem here :confused: image

Ho no second one :disappointed_relieved: … Fel sorry for you, how it happen ? How it happen (even if it’s apparently “usual” for stainless) ??

1 Like

Sort of comforting to know I’m not the only one. Sucks so much when you can’t use your trucks tho. Make sure you let trampa know this is happening so they can potentially prevent it in the future. It could be a machineing defect or a quality control issue and I’m sure that would want to improve there product if this is the case.

2 Likes

I recently bought a second-hand trampa. or the previous owner has wrongly set the nut and twisted the threat or there is a production/design error…

Hope trampa will come with a solution. otherwise I have some friends who can make a new axis on the lathe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks very much. when I buy an expensive trampa truck I expect quality & not this

@Colydog

How do you remove that axel? Mine does not want to come out… I have heated the truck and I don’t loose

A big slide hammer. I taped the end of the axle so I could put a 10mm nut on it. Put the axle through a hole in my bench then attached it to thisIMG_20181026_062446 Then bolted that to a big slid hammer IMG_20181026_062419 It did not come out easy. Don’t forget to remove the little. Grub screw.

1 Like

Little update. I layed out all the components on some ply wood so I can make a buck for the vacuum former or for a fiberglass shell. It’s going to be tight in there but I think it will work. I have accounted for wires and some foam and insulation aswell. IMG_20181026_065205 And I glued some batteries together and made some insulators IMG_20181026_065142 Not much but it’s progress

Why are you making insulators?

Because I have access to a cnc drag knife, I had the self adhesive card stock laying around and the batterys are 20700 so I can’t use the very common 18650 ones. Mostly I didn’t want to wait for postage. Haha

You know fishpaper isnt the same as cardboard?

2 Likes

Nop, didn’t realist the insulators were even made of fish paper. Makes sense tho. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I’ll be waiting on more things in the mail now.

1 Like

@moon so the battery already has am insulator under the heat shrink. The blue ring. 20700 Surly this with the cardboard insulation will be enough to prevent shorts. Altho I would feel more comfortable putting proper fish paper rings in I can’t seem to find them from a reputable source for 20700 cells.

That bluepart is probably part of the heatshrink, which is very thin. Cardboard is better than nothing but might aswell get the real deal

I found some in my country

https://www.fogstar-wholesale.co.uk/product/20700-insulators/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=20700+INSULATORS&oq=20700+INSULATORS&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

I saw the ones from IMRbatteries but saw that the discription just said paper. I guess I’ll just have to buy them and find out. Thanks so much for your help.

IMG_20181026_181618 Yes it has exposure 240v yes I will put a cover on it. Eventually. #qualified #sketchy. (I’m a leco)

1 Like

Finished off the buck. Could be a bit of a tight fit at the corners. IMG_20181028_170712 IMG_20181028_170720

2 Likes

Is the spot welder working well?

Not really :expressionless: . It welds and the timing control works well but I don’t think it has the finesse to get consistent welds. it doesn’t have any current control only timing. I have a local electric vehicle shop and I’m going to ask them to do the welding once the new insulating rings show up. I’d rather know the welds are good then risk it. I’ll find another use for my welder and it was fun to make it so no regrets.

2 Likes