I’m new here in this forums and been lurking for a month now (haven’t built my first esk8 yet) .
I would just like to share a screenshot of something I saw from the RC forum I normally go to.
Seems like the battery exploded and burned the house / room down.
I myself has been using LiPo batteries since 2009, When they are still fairly new in the RC hobby. And I didn’t know that a fire caused by LiPo batteries can cause something this bad.
I just wanted to share this to you guys to prevent what could happen if LiPo batteries are handled poorly. Specially the ones we use are many times bigger than the ones used in RC airplanes.
I hope we are all enlightened on what could possibly happen, and handle/dispose our batteries properly
more info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2738782
ps: I’m apologize in advance. if this topic is against the rules of the forum.