Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

It’s enough to set max watt for the master. It is also remote related (PPM).

@Ackmaniac, so, any setting you input on a dual setup must be only stated on the master VESC?, all values on the slave VESC would be overwritten?

A friend and I are building two boards with almost the same setup, dual belt 6355 Polar motors, Torqueboard VESC, 10S4P with Samsung 25R battery packs.

We just tested the the first build in a parking lot, after 5 small tests we got a broken master VESC, no response from remote, red led on VESC is blinking, motor detection failed, we uploaded the Ackmaniac FW again, but samething, still fails at motor detection, I’m disturbing how all these VESC are so fragile, good thing is Dexter would not let us alone with this problem, so far, great customer service!

If I write “faults” on terminal, it says “No faults registered since startup”, that’s a small relief, so the VESC could still be good to go, nevertheless, at the moment, the motor connected to that VESC does not spin, if I plug a new VESC it works perfect.

Here are some pictures of the bad VESC, do you guys see anything wrong or burnt?

In regards the second build, here are my master VESC settings, we extremely afraid to burn one more VESC, I still haven’t test it outside because of this, would you guys please take a look a these settings?

At Master and Slave: Set battery max to 30A, battery min to - 8A, battery cutoff start to 30V, battery cutoff end to 28V.

At Master: Disable Send status over can.

At the Slave: Enable Send status over can. Set app in the General Tab to None

You have to do a motor detection for both VESCs. When you change motor values at the Master you have to do that also for the Slave as well.

When you are finished please post the same Screenshots for the Slave Vesc

1 Like

Thanks @ackmaniac, here are the screenshots for the slave VESC as requested:

1. My battery is a 10S4P with Samsung 25Rs, so 2.5A/hr * 8C * 4P = 80A, 40A on each VESC, I wonder why do you suggest to set it to 30A?

2. Should “max watt” be (3.7V * 10S) * 60A = 2220 Watts / 2 VESC = 1110 Watts on each VESC, but state it only 1110 watts on the Master VESC?

3. When I do motor detection for each VESC, the “Integrator Limit” and the “BEMF Coupling” are different between each motor, should I use the independent detected value for each motor, they are usualy different, or should I use the same values for both motors?

Does the board work now?

Correct, but i think you are a beginner and i want you to be safe. Once the board is running i would have told you that you can do that in the future.

Correct, this value tells the master that it should use 1110. During riding the master tells the slave to do what the master is doing itself.

By manufacturing each motor is a bit different. You see that the values differ only a little bit. So i recommend to do a motor detection for each motor individually.

And one thing i forgot, you should set in the Masters PPM Tab the soft RPM limit. ERPM limit start to 58000 and ERPM limit end to 60000. And set the Traction control Offset to 3000 and the Traction control ERPM diff to 5000. (Works better)

1 Like

@Ackmaniac looks like you missed my previous post.

I can write that data upload webpage for you if you want, just need some specifics on what you want the page to display and how :slight_smile:

Hit me up!

1 Like

Currently i am working on a webpage like metr.at that is why he did not say any thing anymore.

Currently i have programmed The Route overlay for Google maps. Now i Need to make the summary, a good graph, display the values in the graph and connect the route points to the graph points.

5 Likes

Cool, let me know if you want some help :slight_smile:

The 1st board does not work, the master VESC went bad.

The 2nd board works on the bench, but I haven’t test it yet on the road, testing tonight, hope to not burn another VESC again.

Thanks for all thje input @ackmaniac, I’ll keep you posted

Good to hear that at least one is working.

To keep you updated about the firmware update. I figured out today that I don’t like the way the cruise control is handled. So I decided to try some improvements and that’s keeping me busy at the moment. But when that what I am trying right now works then cruise control will be buttery smooth during carving. It’s already cool in the actual firmware but if my theory is right then it will be f* awesome.

I replaced the blown VESC on the 1st board, borrowed it from 2nd build, used your settings, restricted the “max watt” to 200 and went for a test ride, this time no more blown VESC, even after 5 miles riding it, not sure if restricting “watt max” would keep the VESC from blowing, but so far so good, it passed the test.

If I go very gently on the throttle from a dead stop, the motors start to shake, I need to give it more throttle to avoid this behavior, is there any setting to keep this from happening?

If everything goes well after a couple of days testing it, would you suggest to increase the “watt max” to 1100 or increase the max battery voltage to 30A, 40A or 80A?

I love this project ! I would really enjoy to help if needed. @Ackmaniac : Is it complicated to build an API to ease the connection between your app and a website ?

When I rode bike on tracks, I used an app (Racechrono) which was able to push data to a website ( https://serious-racing.com ) that was a kind of database. Then, I could compare times with other users and analyze your ride with many statistics and routes. A website like connected to Ackmaniac’s app and firmware would be awesome.

Seriously guys, so many talents here and so many possibilities (app, website, and so on), it’s a f***** exciting project ! Just keep working together instead of jumping into an business model, please ! :wink:

1 Like

That is what DeathCookies, Jamy and i are doing. They are working on the webpage part. Looks already very cool.

3 Likes

:astonished: Keep us updated ! Pleaaaaaase !

It’s their project so they should provide you with information. Also they should get the shoulder clap. Not i.

I will keep you all updated. In the next days i will make a thread or let Ackmaniac Update this thread description.

1 Like

Make your own, i guess a lot of people have questions and ideas

1 Like

Would be nice if someone could share a long log-file with gps data (more than 10 minutes) for developing/testing Maybe @Maxid @Jamy @SageTX @Pimousse

I would - but I dn’t have one with GPS right now and haven’t ridden the board in a while. Weather (and wet/salty roads) needs to be better before I take my precious :ring: board out again.

I’ll see if I have somes with GPS data.

1 Like