Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

What remote are you using?

You should calibrate your remote via PPM settings on BLDC tool, have you done that?

1 Like

Sorry, I thought about that as I was writing, but totally forgot when I posted.

I have a Raptor 1 with the Nano-X controller. I thought I had my controller calibrated pretty well, but I suppose I can play around with that setting. Thanks for the suggestion!

There’s way too many posts for me to follow this properly, but I have a few questions: Will this BLDC tool work with the Enertion VESC-X? If so, where do I find the Firmware to update the VESCX? I’m using a MAC, and I did find the BLDC-TOOL for MAC, but not the firmware update. Thanks!

@PetreyTee If you still have the same issues after recalibrating ,hit me up, I might know what’s going on and how to fix it

@Ken Everything you are looking for is in the first post

1 Like

Recalibrating the remote seems to have worked. I made it so that it doesn’t go all the way down to zero when the brake is fully depressed. That way I have a gentle brake until I really need it.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This is awesome. Would this work on dual on splitter? Or only on canbus?

Just rode few km with my new board noticed that my brakes are way too powerfull. It’s very scary to brake at hi speed. What would be best way yo soften that brake? I’m using nano-x remote, my motor min is 30A and i haven’t touch braking curve.

Did you adjust the ppm settings?

No i didn’t. I just made that “auto wizard” and used those values.

Any idea what are good values? I would like very soft throttle and brakes in both modes.

Here is a throttle curve that should give you smooth acceleration / brakes:

3 Likes

So i don’t have to change PPM values? Only throttle curve.

Make sure your PPM value are also set correctly, yes.

1 Like

Brakes are still crazy. Throttle is fine but brakes are like on/off. I move that throttle pot 2-3mm and i can stop at steep hill and i weight 90kg so what should i do? Here is my settings.

For better testing make the brake curve linear. If you pull the trigger slowly does the green bar follow it in the same time from 50 to 0%? 0% should be reached when the trigger is at the end of his way not earlier. If this is alright try to set Motor min to 20 and Batt min to -5. Do you feel a difference now or same hard braking?

Yes green bar do follow. I changed motor min to -20 and its little better but but still way too powerfull. Now i can use sbout half throttle. I think i try -15 or more linear brake curve.

Got everything working except the Bluetooth is not connecting to my phone. Any tips?

Here is the trick to fix your brakes.

1. Turn on your remote first, not your board
  2. Press the throttle all the way up
  3. Press the brakes all the way down
  4. Turn on your board
  5. Ride with the brakes working fine

Does that actually work? Sounds interesting

1 Like

I thought that works only with car escs? Because in vesc you have PPM settings.