Extreme bad luck with this project

Sounds great, and I am willing to pay for the work as long as it’s worth it and to save some money. Or buy a used one…

Hey guys, just an update regarding the VESC… Fixing it through the company + shipping cost will cost me almost like a new one. So I was thinking about trying my luck and see if anyone here has a used one for sale or can fix my VESC’s fried chip with pay of course.

Thanks

BTW got a brand new drop down deck today… But until I have a working vesc I guess I’ll have to push

Wow, they really didn’t take care of it for you?

They offered to, but the cost makes it not worth it… I understand the shipping cost but to activate the warranty alone is 60$ So it adds up to almost a the price of a brand new vesc. At this point my valid options are, if it’s not to much to dill with to send it to someone who can fix it or just buy a used one… and let the 120$ go to waste… Didn’t even had a chance to ride before it went faulty…Any offers will be welcomed

Surely if the product was sent to you faulty then they should cover any costs with getting it repaired regardless of the warranty on it? Not sure what the laws are like in the US but here in NZ the seller would be required by law to do this.

Obviously if you sent it back at it turned out to be a result of user error etc then obviously it’s a different story.

I agree, I rather not deal with legal issues since in this case it is not worth it. Unfortunately a gray area has been opened here which is based on the fact that I can’t actually prove that the VESC came faulty, therefore most likely I would be charged for the warranty if I were to send it to the manufacturer. I clearly don’t have the upper hand here.

Ideally… I think that if I were the manufacturer, making these VESCs and having these chips lying around anyways, the tools and handy enough to do a simple soldering and replacing that chip within a few minutes, which also means preserving a happy costumer, all considering the circumstances of course… Then I would take it all to consideration, but who 's asked me…

In this situation if anyone can help me figure out how to buy that chip and maybe go to a professional to replace it I’ll be more than happy.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/johnny-vesc-repair-services/11267?u=blasto

Hey everyone, I received my VESC two days ago from Johnny, after he had successfully fixed the problem! So glad to have found this resource since sending it back to the manufacturer and activating the warranty would have cost me almost the full price of the vesc, which made me feel helpless. So glad Johnny offered his service and my vesc didn’t go to waste.

The fried chip scenario has made me uncomfortable dealing with the vesc by myself, so looking for someone to help me through (with pay) the connections and finally connecting it to an Arduino.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve done a few arduino projects with the VESC, you have a few options when it comes to controlling the vesc. I like to directly use the PPM input, because i’m lazy and i find it quite handy to only use the myservo.writeMicroseconds( command to control the vesc.

I use a galvanic isolation for the arduino and vesc (3 pin ppm header on the vesc).

but you can also control it by UART-SPI even USB

Looks great, so just to be sure.

To the PPM middle pin I connect the Arduino, Ground goes back to the ground of the arduino, and the third one is for supplying the current to the VESC so 5V is enough, right?

Pretty much like this? https://forum.openrov.com/uploads/openrov/1722/c4729a84546e64b2.png

This is what I did:

https://ykedwa.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y3p6M-FIVt_dQJs7l1OzNhmnRG4fwPl4OMEX9dq5FWNO5Jdv5lWEQhj34uD77m58frrVilwLbcjFvbzfc1y-NCajwmiU__5buFzSsUQDHbbMzVyuJt16prBIwOI61GVUoo1tiERteg6WTBvkiPjljdUGjmTEhW0CFjXmc6K1o9N1zQ/P70312-114226.jpg?psid=1

Orange from pin 9~ to VESC middle pin White to GROUND And Red to First pin