Exway X1 or Bamboo GT?

Thanks for all the replies! I’ve thought for a long time about this and am now convinced to go through the diy route again!

I knew that there weren’t many positives to write home about with evolve, especially regarding reliability and safety, but initially I was prepared to accept that, however, risking one’s safety due to poor design is never good!

I also didn’t want the underwhelming range and performance of the Exway. There are many steep hills around where I live in good ole Sydney and I don’t particularly want those to be an issue

I’m now saving up to go all out on an Evo (@Deckoz style) as many others have done due to the excellent deck and fantastic platform. Half of me though wants to go all out on a stealthy Haya and Hummie hubs when they are available, so torn right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m confused, why not Metroboard from @isabar ? It’s far better than Exway or Evolve. Or you could always buy a custom build from @longhairedboy or @psychotiller

2 Likes

The main turnoff to all of those excellent options is the overall cost (including shipping) due to the Aus dollar as well as shipping a complete with Li-ions being a tad risky.

Now I know that Diy (especially the builds that I am looking at) can be just as expensive, if not more so than even the custom builds for sale. However I have already purchased some of the parts needed for a future build (surfrodz rkps, motors etc) and intend to use them!

Great advice though @b264, if I was starting completely afresh I would more likely consider buying a @longhairedboy or @psychotiller custom.

1 Like

meepo nls pro all the way