F-S-N Project | Landyachtz Tomahawk Lines Longboard - Santa Cruz Street Creep Reissue - Alva Double Diamond Blue Bruise | DIYEboard Trucks | Dual 90*52mm HUB Motor | 10S5P 36V 10AH | DIYEboard V2.1 ESC

Ok, we live about 2.5 miles from the beach, pier, downtown and harbor here in Oceanside, CA, and we don’t get down there enough. We have a sweet bike path that goes by the riverbed. I bought my wife an electric bike, and the vision is that my son and I can cruise down on boards and my wife the bike, and spend a ton more time down on the beach. I had a lot of fun with low-end board buys, but they didn’t have the range to get me back. It was enough fun to whet my appetite, though.

Tons of research (thanks to the guys here), and finally decided on a DIYEboard.com kit. Mostly just looking for range. Slow carving listening to tunes is where I am at.

I know this is not a full build, but hoping it can be something not super intimidating for my son and myself to build something together. I also got my neighbor one, so he can cruise down with us as well.

So, the kits are on order. We’re researching decks, dreaming, and thinking about customizations while we wait.

Oh, forgot to mention : F-S-N is for father-son-neighbor.

2 Likes

So, in between hockey games this weekend we stopped by Infinity Skate Shop in Buena Park and got a board for my son. It’s going to be tight between the trucks but by my measurements we should be OK. Case says it’s 335 mm. Needs about 14 inches and we barely have it. Glad to have hub motors so have a bit more room. Got clear grip tape which has some bubbles :frowning: . Hoping they go away with some riding. My son doesn’t seem to mind.

2 Likes

Here is the e-bike for my wife … I know a bit off-topic. This was a ride we did for Mother’s Day. Nice bike for $550. We couldn’t keep up with her speed pedaling our bikes and her battery was still full after 7-8 miles.

2 Likes

For myself, I was originally thinking this board, just because I had it. However, seems a bit inadequate after seeing some of the awesomeness on here. Still contemplating. I was thinking something a bit shorter, definitely something with some concave. Maybe W concave. Toying with the idea of ditching the DIYEboard case and building something out of wood. Still dreaming … not sure where I will end up, and then there is the fact that I don’t have tons of free time.

Boards I like:

Board I have (zero concave) - I also have several shortboards :

1 Like

And well … the price helped me make up my mind …

rr

Arbor highground has rather aggressive concave which is not comfortable as a beach cruiser…

1 Like

bummer … thanks for the heads up @boramiNYC … looks like I may have jumped too quick. Well, I think I can sell it.

When DHL arrives and you are working from home and don’t have time to open.

1 Like

Yeah I have a highground laying around bc the concave was too much…it felt like my front foot was going to fold toes back to my leg

What’s your US shoe size? I’m 9. I wonder if it’s ok on smaller feet. Lots of mixed reviews on whether the concave is comfortable or not. I wonder if due to foot size.

My son has half day of school, got home, and opened box. Clearly there should be another box. Just the wheels, and half of the chargers (no wall plug cord) showed up. The wheels seem gigantic in person.

1 Like

I wear a 13 but I can’t imagine being comfortable cruising on that deck at all…it seems to be set up specifically for downhill aggressive riding

1 Like

My neighbor picked up his board. Pretty short like the Santa Cruz

1 Like

So … excited that my deck arrived today. Unfortunately, the rumors are true that it is not comfy at all. It depends on your foot stance … Which I diagrammed below. I think downhillers have a different foot stance … it would be fine. But if your feet are horizontal to the board it’s realistically unridable. Bummer … I’m back on the hunt for a deck. Also, board for sale :wink:

1 Like

My wife and I were on a beach shopping trip today (dresses, sea shells, etc) at Seal beach … When, What to My Wandering Eyes Should Appear? A hardware store in the middle of beach shopping land. A godsend I am telling you.

I decided I really don’t want bolts showing on the top of the deck, at least not the bolts that hold the case in place. So, I picked up some things I had been reading about on here:

• Wood inserts (8-32 screw hole, 13/64 Drill size)
  • #8 flat washers
  • 8-32 x 3/8 screws.
  • Epoxy for holding the wood inserts in
  • Shaft collar for the drillbit … so I can control depth
  • I got some red and blue threadlocker … I plan to use blue for the bolts I bought.
  • Dremel cut-offs in case I need to cut some length off of the inserts

2 Likes

Stopped by Socal skate shop in Mission Viejo. Massive selection. Ditching the Arbor highground in favor of a Landyachtz Tomahawk lines longboard. Also picked up some risers. The kit comes with risers but I wanted some with cushion. I don’t have the risers from the kit yet but assuming they are not as soft.

The deck has nice thickness to handle the 3/8 wood inserts and is pretty flat in the middle with nice concave on the edge. Comfy but will hold you in. Pretty flat on the bottom to support the enclosure.

Uploading…

2 Likes

FedEx delivered today!!

Missing some items from China, but can get started …

(MISSING) Hardwares set(bolts used to fix to the deck) (MISSING) Skateboard T Tool (PARTIAL, Missing cord that plugs into wall) 10S 42V 2A Battery Charger (MISSING) Risers that were in the picture. I purchased different risers anyway.

Jason says 5-7 days on the missing items. Lots of issues with this order, but Jason has been responsive.

2 Likes

My neighbor is headed out on vacation tomorrow, so we really couldn’t wait on the proper hardware. I picked up some bolts from Lowes, and we ended up pulling some more hardware off of our quiver of skateboards. And we started the build.

1 Like

Everything laid out and ready.

1 Like

Counter-sinking and mounting trucks. The kit was missing the truck hardware, so I just bought some 2" 10-32 bolts from Lowes. Will replace when the real hardware arrives. Didn’t even bother to cut the excess for now.

1 Like