Failure proof Build

Lg he2 but if u don’t think it will work just tell me

It will work.

Its just the cheaper way of going. out with the old in with the new

you’re probably right about the hubs at this point, in the past though they didn’t seem to hold up as well against the constant clack clack clack clack of the sidewalks according to things i’ve read.

I feared a magnet coming loose but haven’t heard of any in the 140 I sold. They haven’t been out there that long but a relief. The windings and leads breaking has happened to me and at least one other person and the rubber…especially the rubber. I wonder what other hub motors are selling as their rubber. A bigger motor that will keep cooler like lever’s have really nice rubber and they stay cool enough, because they’re so big, but all those little motors out there. I just saw 70mm wheels on Acton or whatever they’re called’S site. But I did also see their new four wheel vehicle has what look like nitrile tires Nitrile is really nice. Really nice. But greater rolling resistance. Since ur not pushing much and there’s still a bit of resistance with the motor then it’s hard to notice but it’s there on paper and probably in miles to watt hours. I’m syched to soon be pouring "hot pour " polyurethane thats also intended for high heat. Really excited to see how it does. Polyurethane and nitrile have a lot of the same wear characterisitcs, they’re both tough, but the rebound of a good hot pour polyurethane skate wheel is so nice.

Update: vesc has been ordered, and will be selling a few intresting parts to raise a few more funds for the board. The deck is either going to be custom or I will use my bustin deck. Caliber 50’s for trucks, I have 83mm wheels and 97mm so Ill decide between the two later on which to use. Black Enerion mount!!! (will post pictures). Motor, and battery are still being determined however!!! Would anyone be intrested in a black tacon 245kv motor(yes it is just painted black the coated with polyestrylene but it can be removed if wanted…

@torqueboards @ajaynagra @Pantologist @barajabali @Namasaki @sl33py @oriol360 so i now have $350 to spend on a new battery and esc, and apologies if I am a bother, just let me know and I’ll stop tagging u. But after extensive research and talking to different sellers my original 12s 2p oriol pack with a tb esc won’t work. I now have to find an alternative, I wanted to use the tb esc due to it being basically bullet proof, however reviews with running this esc and li ion packs haven’t been too good. So I have two options for escape thanks to @barajabali I can get the tb esc for 80 or my friend will give me his unused ollin vesc for 80. That leaves me with 270 ish dollars to spend on my battery which has to be li ion due to safety. Almost forget to mention I need the parts by Wednesday!!! Any help u guys can offer or insight is much appreciated. I just cannot have this setup fail like my 6s4p

Personally if you have an option for an Ollin VESC for that cheap - get it. Assuming it wasn’t thrashed and is working well.

Wednesday?! Dude - you are going to be lucky to get this by then. Your best bet is DIYes (@Torqueboards), or MEB (@oriol360) - talk w/ them and see if they can expedite to you. BUT being batteries they’re usually limited to ground shipping (not allowed on planes afaik). So even getting that going right away it might not be doable. Your profile doesn’t note your location (and i’m not fully awake (no coffee yet) and didn’t read above again) - so it might make more sense to order from whichever is located closest to you. DIYes is West coast SF/CA, MEB is Miami/FL i believe. Shouldn’t forget @barajabali who is in Chicago (love that town, just not this time of year!). As he builds custom i’m not sure he’s in your budget though…

Failure proof and “can’t have this setup fail” - a word of warning. Electronics fail. Mechanics fail. You cannot build anything that will be 100%. You can minimize likelihood of failure, but everything has wear/tear/friction and will break at some point. Good maintenance, good quality components to start, and frequent checking will all help. but it’ll still break. If you want to go super anal you can log miles and replace wear items at a certain interval (like airlines do on airplanes), before they are likely to break… but they can still fail before then.

HTH - GL!

An Ollin Vesc for $80. Better jump on that. And don’t even think about trying FOC mode. Stick with BLDC for Bullet Proof operation. Also, when deciding on voltage and motor KV, stay bellow Vesc 60K ERPM limit for bullet proof operation. I’ve been running 10s with 190KV on BLDC mode and its been flawless. Even when jamming up hills, my motors barely get warm. And there is plenty of power and speed.

Tacon 245kv spacecell pro 3 and tb esc or vesc?

245kv is too high for a 10s spacecell. 190kv 10s is optimal.

It’s an ollin vesc, so FOC is not an issue. I have 8 in FOC, and have switched back and forth with no issues.

Plus if something breaks, chaka will take care of you.