Fastest charger

I have a 6s 12A BMS with balance function.

But you have a effectively a 5Ah 6S…

Charge at 1C-2.5c C= capacity

So you need a 6s charger, 22.2v/25.2v that provides 5Ah * 1C = 5A upto 5Ah * 2.5C = 12.5A

I have a power supply waiting for my daily charging 2.2kW 48V power supply which I hacked to run 50.5V just need to implement current limiting :smiley: 44A is a bit too much for 12Ah setup :smiley:

Also I have some ideas for small portable board from door to station thing, so I am looking for batteries which would work higher than 2C without sweating :stuck_out_tongue: Would be fun having a board which would charge in 20min :smiley:

But where’s info saying slow charging at one or two c is better? (Battery univ i dont trust). Because often the cells are labeled for way more and I’ve read fast charging isn’t bad unless the cells get warm and it is largely the heat that indicates the damage. …but the high voltage will damage. Often cells will be quick charged. That’s common. Safe. And possibly not any more damaging than slow charge. I’ve read its generally better butgactuslstidies showing it I don’t see …and often big biz wil do fast charging. But I’m done. You’ve heard it from me before

That links you posted are really nice chargers, just a bit noisy for me, but interesting is that you can adjust the volts and amps to your suits, it has 3 pots where you can regulate volts up to 17s and up to 8 amps and the last pot don’t know what it does. If someone has interest I can put pictures.

2 Likes