FatBoy antispark 0.5W draw

I store most of my boards at 60% simply because I have alot of them and storing them at full overtime damages the cells. (Correct me if i’m wrong). Would you then advise me to store them all at full charge…?

As far as I know, cars can be stored at a full tank of gas or half a tank without any detrimental effects, the analogy falls short there.

5 Likes

If your boards aren’t ready to ride, then they are toys.

When you use these as transportation, you will understand.

It’s no different than having a car that takes 3 hours to start. It’s not practical. If a battery can’t be stored full, then it’s a shitty battery. Shitty batteries exist. Maybe that’s one reason I like LiFePO4.

1 Like

Storing a board at 60% makes it unridable? I dont get it.

4 Likes

I don’t understand what to share? How the fck do you expect a device to stay in stand by mode and listen when the board starts pushing or momentary button is pressed and turn everything on, not the latching switch which turns on everything and keeps the power on but is dumb as fck as it doesn’t have any logic at all. Yes, I could have made it eat no current at all, but would you pay a few times more for it? No, you would all cry how it is super expensive and shit. Efficient parts dc/dc converters and etc cost money, and you guys always complaining that everything is expensive so for god sake please don’t cry.

I am not sure but every switch which uses momentary button and something like PTS will have the same issue.

Well, good thing I stopped making new stuff for this forum as no one in this forum even appreciate people doing hard work to make something good for this community, just fcking bashing everyone around and complaining about every fcking single bit. This community went from super innovative and creative to let’s find another issue and bash someone about it.

It’s latching switch there shouldn’t be any drop at all…

Well if it should not exist then I can just stop selling it because I am not going to spend any more hours of my precious personal time to create stuff for the community who doesn’t appreciate anything. Don’t forget esk8 DIY market is not thousands of customer but at least a few hundreds, and all those purchases not even compensate for the time people spend innovating and creating products for this community.

No wonder people are leaving this place. You can consider me switching off pretty soon too, as I am not going to share my thousands of hours of programming and designing on ESC with this community which will just find another thing to complain about.

Aurimas

I don’t know the previous history why you think like that. I’m sure many people appreciate you hard work and like your products. I personally never had items from you but I’m sure they are good quality. And you had a title :wink:

I heard your switch is reliable, didn’t know it starts when pushing which is great. I think the main point is that customers should know about the fact that they MUST disconnect the battery e.g. in winter break. I just imagine someone coming back home after 3 weeks holidays and the battery is dead :unamused:

7 Likes

oh @Kug3lis , why so angry? just understand our site too. we are no engineers and don´t understand things like that. how can we know how much energy your switch use on standby? … I should now start to research data sheets of components you used? come on… not really please. Is it a big problem to add a small notification on your website? one sentence “disconnect from battery when not charging for more than 2 weeks” and you save out of any claims. If people don´t read it, it´s there problem.

I´m sure people appreciate your work and the work of your paps. you can read it here multiple times! It´s up to you on which comments you set your focus. There always fanboys and hater. That´s not only in this community. You created what you think is how it should be with all your products. If other people don´t like it or say something about the design than you can just ignore it, or have a look if there is some truth in it and you can improve your product. No need to get crazy about it.

That´s very true words, but you wouldn´t be here if you wouldn´t enjoy riding. Maybe things changed in your life in the past month, but don´t tell us you spend all your free time just to create products for only us. you made it for you too. because you was not happy with what you could get on the market and wanted to make it better! Nobody force you to do anything for us here. It´s your free decision what you are doing with your free time. always!

@goldenHusky sorry for that and @mmaner or @anorak234 it´s really time that this topic is split from the original post.

14 Likes

Obligatory post calling Kugs a dickhead.

Just doing my duty for our community.

13 Likes

Was about to tag you

1 Like

I wondered where my battery was leaking to… a heads up would have been nice.

5 Likes

Just put a disclaimer, use at own risk, study schematic, check dissipation factors etc etc

2 Likes

This switch is not full disconnect from battery its device which helps you to turn on/off board quicker than other ways.

In normal occasion you will have BMS which would protect your battery from full discharge and full mechanical disconnect from the battery for storing long term.

The device consumes less or around 5mA which in normal uses cases shouldn’t disturb much of your daily usages and in long term you always want to disconnect your battery from any switch as they can not be trusted. What if when you storing your board for long term and randomly MOSFET dies because of manufacturer issue and your 3kW battery pack shorts and burns your apartment to the ground? I wouldn’t trust any device connected to big battery packs without supervision and protections.

Yes it was our mistake of not mentioning this kind of detail, but like I mentioned before in normal configuration and usage this kind of power consumption would not matter much. You can’t have all together.

P.S. Battery disconnect is most important feature in any project it can be car, bike, board or any other electric device u always must have a quick way to disconnect power from everything in case of emergency.

4 Likes

I managed to fat finger a like on your post without realizing it last night. It was not intentional, and I’d like to take the accidental click back but I cannot.

Why am I going through the trouble of telling you this?

Your attitude sucks. I had items in my cart all the way up to checking out and then I saw this. This isn’t a bluff, your system even sent me an email asking if I still wanted them via PayPal.

Customer service and representation matters a lot these days. You’re doing a disservice to all the great work your dad is doing by coming on here and acting like an entitled know-it-all. Based on your EE designs, perhaps you could do with a bit more humility.

12 Likes

Thanks for admitting to the mistake. I appreciate it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a fuse to prevent this?

Guys, please, let’s pause for a moment.

Whether or not a 0.5W draw for an always-on standby switch is appropriate for esk8 is purely subjective.

This is not a design flaw, or boon. It simply is what it is. 3DServisas has stated they omitted this detail and that’s understandable.

The question should simply be, is there a bypass requested in the next version for people who wish to store their boards, long-term and not use them.

Thank you, team. This is a good post, we do not need emotions - just solutions.

I own one and I’ve never thought to leave my board sitting that long - yet thanks for the reminder for me to charge my bikes, because they’ve been sitting all winter.

3 Likes

Well looks like I will be leaving this forum as everyone here are pussies who get offended on simple things :slight_smile: Well no wonder, back in the beginning was forum was much better but oh well :slight_smile:

P.S. I don’t care if you going to buy it or not I hate when people threaten you on something like I am sitting here and crying that you not going to buy stuff. Btw there is no one else selling 35º risers for trampa/mbs trucks so if you going to ditch your project idea because someone told you that you are a bit of pussy maybe its time to man up a bit :wink:

Or it’s entirely possible that as an adult engineer, I’m capable of machining them myself and was buying them from you guys to support the DIY community, as I do with a lot of gear.

This is your bed dude. You made it.

4 Likes

Just go machine not crying here :wink:

The irony of this isn’t lost to the adults in the room.

Don’t let the door hit ya kid.

11 Likes

Dude… scroll up… You were literally the first to get offended… :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

If you have a fuse in your set up then yes it would prevent this kind of thing but our switch doesn’t have integrated fuse for size concerns as it’s easier to embed fuse inline.

Not forget that fuses not always help.