FatBoy HV ESC - 18S 150A Electric Speed Controller

Don’t know yet, but it’s not intention of making it full current capable out of the box I mean even xt90 will be problem short term runs of full current should be more than enough I personally can’t get more than 3kW to be consumed no matter hills I tried…

U talking about with current vesc?

Yes

10char

I Hear ya. On dual setup I’ve managed 5kw battery and almost 6.5kw motor. Only for bursts because the acceleration is crazy. 18s with lower amp requirements will be nice. Plus the extra rpm/v for the speeds. I’m thinking burnouts…

2 Likes

Yes speed, this accompanied with @MoeStooge’s WR murder board and ngv will be left in smoke.

@Kug3lis is there a erpm limit with your design?

2 Likes

Dont know yet, have to try it out

2 Likes

Looks great man! Always nice to see new speed controllers on the market, we need some variety lol! Just curious though on what you think the continuous output current of these ESC’s will be? Also any chance you could disclose what FET’s your using, im assuming the IRF7769 as they are 100V rated and are DirectFET’s, problem is there not in stock anywhere, how do you plan to address the high performance DirectFET stock shortages?

Excellent work, I really like your innovative approach. I think a variety of independent esc’s will keep the industry moving forward.

IMAGE%202018-06-30%2012%3A28%3A13IMAGE%202018-06-30%2012%3A28%3A16

23 Likes

All higher voltage DirectFET’s has no shortage problems :wink:

1 Like

Is this about the same size as an ESCape? Love what your doing here!! :heart_eyes:

It’s bit bigger 65x70

3 Likes

Got the software running :slight_smile:

05%20PM

8 Likes

Able to post any video of it working with 18s battery? Or is that a ways away?

light years away :smiley: We are just getting into trying to connect motor

3 Likes

Damn bro you are so brilliant with all your Esk8 products!!! You gonna be making a MCU for everything to connect too that’ll basically run and coordinate everything?

That’s is awesome!! And you too!

Will you look at that your right lol! I dont know what I was looking at where I was seeing that they where out of stock, woops. Anyways you have any idea on the continuous current output of the ESC? And how much heat do you think the heatsink this will be enclosed in will be able to sink? Also do you plan to go the FOCBOX route of more thermal mass vs surface area, and will there be a fan or a mount for one? I know a lot of questions im just curious!

1 Like

this would be perfect for an ebike

Nice project @Kug3lis

I think you should advertise this on ebike fóruns, this solve the VESC problem of low voltage compared to what is usually used. It will be the holy grail for them, really small and more power than most controllers that are much bigger, it even beats the compact controller from ebikes.ca I think

1 Like