Hi guys, today I would like to announce a smaller more universal and better anti-spark switch
After doing a lot of research of making switching least painful in our cases and minimizing the switch to small 2 x 18650 size (36mm x 65mm) Also much cheaper for simple projects from 50A to 200A on paper with bit tinkering could do much more
- High Side Switching (Switches positive wires)
- Push button (hold 0.5s to turn on / 3s to turn off)
- Output for power indicator (will require resistor according to your selected led specs)
- Multiple IRF DirectFet mosfets (N+1 for PreCharge)
- Pre-Charge circuit before turning on main MOSFET’s to charge capacitors via a resistor to limit inrush current.
- Up to 100V (23S)
- 1 to 4 MOSFET’s
- In rush current limited to (V/2 A) (for e.g. 50/2 = 25A max inrush current)
- Dimensions would be 36mm x 65mm (2 x 18650)
It will have a small aluminum plate under it to cool down the MOSFET’s a bit.
Here is simulation I have done with this style design, as you can see no inrush current higher than 50A @ 100V.
Without inrush limiting: