FatBoy Mini Urethane Gear Drive 1:(2.8, 2.6, 2.4)

I’m interested! what kind of motors can these support? is it possible to go pneumatics on it for road use? nothing for real EMTB uses or anything

@accrobrandon yes if without hanger it’s dual setup, but as I said some decks will have problem with 6374 but everything less than 60mm length should be OK, also you can run one in the front one in the back.

@Wraith it would support up to 6374. For this kit it is only for the flywheels 107mm. We have other kit which runs 125mm gummies to 8" tires from trampa on tb218 hanger

Will these work on 97mm wheels?

They only work with 107mm wheels

I am very interested in this gear drive. Which is better, 2WD 6374 of 1: 2.4 or 4WD 6355 of 1: (2.25 · 2.17 · 2.00)?

Depends on what you want 4wd is bit overkill but it will be really nice board I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

What modulus off the gears you’re using?

Custom ones :wink:

1 Like

Have some good news :slight_smile: Few prototype hangers are coming tomorrow, also prototype titanium axles coming this week, so will be assembling first hanger for testing.

Afterwards development with this gear drive will continue, also we are building dyno stand to test out gear drives and provide videos how does it work and sound for people who are interested :slight_smile:

So stay tuned!

8 Likes

Today, we received the titanium axles for the hangers.

5 Likes

did you get the hangers?

I’d imagine 110mm would work also

2 Likes

Yeah I expect the same. Give abit more clearance as well though I’m going for the pneumatic version

Not yet :slight_smile:

:pensive: oooookay

1 Like

IMG_0529IMG_0530

8 Likes

Next step painting…

9 Likes

ytj9a

Actually I’m broke. But would love to pick up a hanger when they’re ready.

2 Likes

Would be cool if you made your own baseplates with pressed in kingpin made for tall barrel bushings. 10mm axles would be nice too but not necessary

3 Likes

It would elevate the cost even more to make also baseplate… 10mm axle is not necessary as this 8mm titanium axle which is much stronger than steel.

2 Likes