FAULT_CODE_ABS_OVER_CURRENT (Motor cutting out)

Ahh alright fair enough. While you are here is there anything I can do to increase my braking force? (I’m on holiday and there is tons of steep hills here) I researched and I believe I’m close to the max braking I could have with my current set up.

you can put your batt min (this parameter control the braking force) at -8 or -10 and if it still not enough -12

On lipo 8s (2 x 4s 5000mah)? Isn’t that not really that safe/ will ruin the batteries?

Your batt is 5Ah, you can charge lipos generally at 3C, in your case 15A, so up to batt min at -15A is safe

The website says the battery has a max 5c charge. Which seems high for a lipo?

So there you go, your batt is good to -25A, or -12.5 on a dual. (-25A your wheel will just lock up)

Did you solve the issue? I had the exact problem which was fixed by setting my “motor max” and “batt max” to both the same value, or very close. In my case, both 40A.

It was the jumper cables. They must have been fatigued or broken in the wires somewhere.

Ah, which jumper cables? To the receiver?

Sorry yeah the ones from the vesc to the receiver (I’m no sure if that’s what they are actually called haha).