First build (accomplished)

My max wattage with 2p is 1.6kw. I wanted to reach more than 2kw(pushing the 2p limit) which could be done with 4p. And why would a high gearing not max out wattage. Ive never gone more than 30mph.

Exactly, youre geared for speed but not using it, thus not maxing wattage

Isn’t the faster you go the more power you’re drawing. And don’t I reach max battery power output when the motor can’t reach its full potential?

Fast acceleration= higher wattage You can achieve high speed using low wattage

Faster speed by physics mean higher wattage. P=F*V^2 When you said you can achieve high speed with “low wattage”, what is that relative to? Couldn’t be that of the lower speeds. :bullettrain_front::steam_locomotive:

I think you’re forgetting about torque

3 Likes

Woah woah woah… I just finished ap mechanics with a 5. Don’t get me started on torque. If u no what I mean :smirk:

Damn how skinny are you

I think he Said he Weighs 50kg and but-boards all the time so he does not fly off like a kite,

3 Likes

i find it hard to believe that you’re ready to push the limits if you can’t even figure out how to stand on your board…

1 Like

Seriously though, power is (f x d)/t, so in this case that’s τθ/t, so if you have really small torque your wattage can still be really low on a high speed system if you accelerate slowly

Okay, there’s 2 things you need to consider. First is the power output to the motor. Second is the power output at the wheels. Power through the motor is determined strictly through wattage. I’m assuming by you saying that you want more “power” in your board, you want faster acceleration and better hill climbing. This is dependent on torque, this is the rotational force to get your wheels moving. More torque is better acceleration and hill climbing.

By having it geared so high, you are sacrificing torque for high top speed, but if you aren’t riding anywhere near that top speed, (and I don’t think its even possible to hit 45 mph with 1 6374), then you’re basically not using the only reason someone would have to put a larger pulley on the motor. Basically you’re not using the power the motor is putting out to its full extent.

Try swapping the 20T motor pulley for a 13T or 15T (depending on top speed preferences), and see what happens. I guarantee it’ll feel like a completely different board.

I can stand FYI

if you can’t get traction then sounds to me like you already have too much power

you’re definitely doing it wrong… @wafflejock is only like 115lbs and has never complained about traction issues

Ans also, the motor mounted truck has a bias towards the opposite side of the motor.

then fix it…

Umm not much of a video but here’s a short clip. Was actually omw home from work which was my goal for this board. When I got home I still had 57% left :grin: My job is about 5miles away from my house

Also spray some that plastic dip on my closer

7 Likes

Here’s a video. My motor only does this only on a complete stop. If I were to kick and push it’ll clog for a bit then the motor will kick in. About to try and see if it’s my sensore wire since I’m running sensors/hybrid. Let me know what everyone thinks

1 Like

Did you find out about yet what caused this?

I’d try moving the trim button on your remote to almost neutral, checking the receiver position for interference with motor phase wires, and a reset of the vesc settings.