First build... are these good parts?

Do not use that motor mount. I paid 60 bucks for the same thing and after 5 miles it snapped on me

Dont waste $60 on that remote

@moon where can i buy one? any recommended sellers?

@ARetardedPillow its $30 on amazon. if it snaps, i’ll just buy a new one from somewhere else. im willing to take that risk lol

@FredrikHems whats wrong the with torqueboards remote?

I don’t know how much it is anyway

A while ago like 2 months ago it was listed for 60 bucks, the exactly same mount. I really wouldn’t get it if I were you, I was stranded a couple miles away from home bc of that fucker

@PeterMcKane 213kv and 10s is 62622 erpm at full charge 42v. It might be ok still because it is close to the limit. Note that many motors have a lower real KV than what is stated.

With a higher KV motor, you get more top speed and you can run higher motor amps without overheating the motor. Higher motor amps will give you more power to compensate for the less torque of the higher KV. Honestly, I have used Both 230KV motors and 190kv motors and really didn’t see a noticeable difference in torque between the two.

1 Like

What are you doing for a pulley system?

I don’t think you should pay 60$ for a remote people said had connection losses with. This remote is cheaper and has a better reputation for reliability. If you want it to come fast you can pay extra 14$ for 5-8 day shipping. https://www.banggood.com/2_4GHz-Radio-Remote-Controller-Receiver-Transmitter-For-Electric-Skateboard-p-1125575.html?rmmds=search&ID=514182&cur_warehouse=CN

i forgot… im buying a 15T motor pulley and 3d printing a wheel pulley from @JuniorPotato93. my friend uses his 3d printed one and works perfectly so im using that.

alright thanks i’ll look into it

5ah 20c batteries would work but you will have what I would call excessive voltage sag. You would do much better with batteries that are above 50C Stick with Silicone wire, even though it is more expensive. It has higher current capability and is more heat resistant than regular wire.

2 Likes

i’ll just put the erpm at 55000. so i dont fry the vesc.

Why dont you get the hobbyking motor mount?

How much is the pulley?

i dont think the hobbyking motor mount is compatiable with caliber II trucks… and the pulley is around $12

hobbyking sells trucks.

are they good?

Not too good you’d need to get new bushings.

60K should be a safe setting for the erpm limit. And un-check the limit erpm with negative torque box. I would also suggest running the motor in bldc mode to reduce the risk of DRV failure.

I’ve seen caliber trucks with Diy mounts That was very popular at one time. effective and cheap.

okay thanks. would my settings change if i were to go to FOC mode? i was thinking of doing that over bldc cause foc is more silent, etc.