First build at 11 years old!

For Battery buy pre made li ion @GrecoMan had something you might be able to use, as for riding I’m pretty sure under 16 is illegal can’t say for sure so be careful on the streets and check the laws in your state, they will confiscate it if you are caught breaking any law and they don’t hand it back, excited to see how this goes

1 Like

We’re all brothers here! Some bicker and argue,some are helpful and knowledgeable and share the wisdom and some like to make others look foolish “like the thread title” but at the end of the day it’s all for the greater good…the esk8 squad! worldwide and unified as one! Welcome @Caleb1

5 Likes

Everywhere is totally different. Where I live, you need a driver’s license (at least 16 years old) and a helmet. Some places they are illegal. Some places nobody knows if they are legal or not. California has a specific law just for them. (that one would be illegal: too fast)

The best way to deal with that, is don’t build something that can exceed 24mph and when you ride it, be very nice and respectful to everyone around you. If other people are annoyed by you, then you will have lots of problems. If you don’t piss anyone off and you’re not doing extremely unsafe things, it’s likely nobody will care, cops included. Also, the more loud and flashy the board is, the more likely you’ll have issues. If folks see you and they don’t even know it’s electric, well at that point it doesn’t even matter if they care, because they don’t know…

2 Likes

Elsa… :musical_note: Do You Want To Build an eBoard :musical_note:

5 Likes

based on the parts and budget (based on the total shown) you’d be much better off getting a meepo or carvon exo if you can push the budget.

or copy someone else budget build, adjust for style…

Lol I live in California and I have read through the laws on the electric skateboards here, and to add to that, I’m going to be 20 in a few days and I still worry about a cop with a stick up their ass complaining about it hahaha

:notes:… ride our boards around the maaalllsss… I never see you anymore, come out the door, you’re always tinkering with your boooaaard!:notes: :notes: we used to have some money, but now we’re poor, I wish I could help my-seeeelf!:notes: :notes: do you wanna build an e-board… Another e-board… I’ve got a new foc-booooo-o-o-ox :notes: :wink:

2 Likes

I built just built mine 2 month ago and you must plan to spend more money then you think you will. You also should read when ever you get the time to learn new things that can help you.

How fast would I go if I switched to Lipos.

Lithium polymer batteries can give you a lot more current for a given capacity (this is known as a c rating). While for a lithium ion battery you might need 4000 mah to get 20 amps of current, a 5000mah lipo can reach 100+ amps no problem (for short periods of time)

My biggest safety tip for you is that you should get a normal longboard and learn how to ride that properly first. This includes learning how to footbrake and do safety slides/speed checks/Colemans. Your electronics will fail at some point and if you’re not ready you could die. This is something a lot of newcomers to this hobby don’t fully appreciate. Going fast is extremely dangerous and normal foot-powered longboarders develop the ability to slow down as they develop the ability to push themselves faster.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

1 Like

yea lol… most cops I pass either don’t know what the hell im riding or just don’t care. Although, it’s not hard for me to play off being older than i am (super deep voice). for an 11 year old it could be quite a challenge unless he started puberty at like 8

2 Likes

Most boards are actually illegal in California… unless they have a top speed of 20mph or less and are never ridden above 15 mph

1 Like

Yeah exactly hahaha

So basically, be nice to other people and don’t show-off and you usually won’t have any problems with cops. It’s that simple LoLz

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, I already am pretty good with a normal longboard.

1 Like

Naaaaah just excuses xD

1 Like

I still hold the record for youngest esk8 seller :wink:

At what age?

at 13 :wink:

2 Likes

Fuck so I can’t even try being younger with 15​:sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes