First build: Black as Night | Hi5ber Zenith | eBoosted enclosure & 12s5p | Unity | Torqueboards Direct Drive (75kv) | TB 110s | Flipsky VX1

Max braking regeneration current -60

no battery regen.

I don’t have that available to me via the Unity app

that might be why you have weak breaks, your battery regen might not be set high enough.

Here’s my Metr pro readings. The battery current max regen is set at -11 for my kaly board gear drive and it stopped perfectly. I don’t know how to fix this. I crashed for the second time today due to poor braking. BTW ignore the speed that’s a setting in the metr pro app that is incorrect

Crank UP your battery current max regen from -15 to at least -32. I run -60 on my Zenith built and although some people think it’ll fry your battery, it hasn’t happened to me. I am running a 5p battery pack, though.

Conservative battery math on battery current max regen is -4 amps per cell in a p group, so for 4p it is -16. That sucks for braking, though. Especially going down hills. Doubling that number is still safe, IMO, and I’ve had other people test at -32 with great results in braking. Even -60 worked out fine on 5p packs.

In October I had a MASSIVE crash that resulted in a broken collarbone and broken thumb because I was riding a board built and configured by a “eskate board building pro” and he fucked up on the max regen setting. It was at -12, and when I went down a steep ass hill, my brakes failed and I ate shit. Hard.

I was going to send the board back to him for a refund… I thought about suing him, too because he fucking put me in the hospital with that bullshit setting. But I’m going to keep the board, fix the config, put in a new remote (the remote I had got smashed in the fall and the internals broke) and keep riding. And I’m not going to sue him either because he’s a decent guy… who made a massive mistake.

But I’ll never again step on a board where I haven’t gone through the config thoroughly myself. And I’ll never run less than -30 battery max regen.

I’m just going to be setting up mine this weekend. All your numbers good to go? 12S4P Battery and FocBox I’ll be doing! 90KV

hey man, do you guys talk in mph or kmh? cos i find 45km/h getting pretty fast, but 40mph, thats pretty insane.