I’m in the final stages of planning for my first e-board, so I hope you guys don’t mind if I bug you with a million questions, haha
My goal is a smooth and long ride with decent aesthetics on a reliable board.
Here’s my tentative part list (sorry if formatting isn’t great ) :
#Longboard - $348.45
- DB Coreflex, Flex 3 - Hoping the flex will make for a smooth ride - 1 x $159.95
- Caliber II, Satin Red - Calibers seem pretty reputable/quality and I like the red - 1 x $54.95
- Abec 11 Flywheels, 97mm 75A, Metroboard Branded - Most other Abecs are OOS, and these are even red - 1 x $110.00
- Bones Super Reds - Seem like a reasonable balance between quality and affordable bearings - 1 x $23.55
#Electronics - $883.45
- LG HG2 18650 - Seems like a standard choice; Li-ion over LiPo to try a new chemistry and (hopefully) for increased stability - 48 x $5.00 = $240
- SuPower 12s Li-ion BMS - I’ve heard good things about Bestech, am currently awaiting an email response; these are a backup choice - 1 x $69.00
- Mean Well Laptop Block Charger - I’ve heard bad things about Mean Well but can’t find many other small-ish chargers with 4A output - 1 x $54.40
- EPOWER 6355 190kv - Seems like a standard motor; couldn’t find much better for less - 2 x $90.00 = $180.00
- TORQUE VESC - Pretty standard, couldn’t find any cheaper options for VESC - 2 x $99.99 = $199.98
- Alien Power Systems Remote - One of my favorite remotes of the few I found - 1 x $58.09
- DIY’s On/Off Switch - I’m willing to drop the extra money for a reliable power switch - 1 x 60.00
- Waterproof LEDs - Can I spread the cancer of PC RGB to esk8? But it actually might be useful for riding at night… - 1 x $21.98
#Mechanics - $213.98
- DIY’s Motor Mount Combo Kit - Call me lazy, but this seems like a decent deal compared to individual pieces I’ve looked at - 2 x $106.99 = 213.98
I’m gonna decide on the enclosure after I’ve pieced everything together and done my due measurements.
#Total - $1,445.88
I’m overall satisfied with the total for the range/power I should get from this. I’ll do more spread sheeting to compare combos to piece-by-piece when I get home and have time, but the mechanics combo seems reasonable.
So, any suggestions? Anything I’ve overlooked or any stupid mistakes I’ve made while planning? Anything to tell a first-time builder?
To anyone who actually takes the time to read through this all and help me out, thanks a bunch!