First Build Choices | 12S2P OR 12S1P LiPo?

That gear ratio is not actually too bad. It is just under a 2:1 ratio and I run it on my dual 6354 with 97mm wheels. It goes up hills fast and goes on the flats even faster😝 You can also buy different motor sprockets for it. There are 13, 12 and 10 tooth sprockets on eBay for a few bucks

1 Like

Well… I can promise you that if you would have used something like 1:2,5 your setup would have been far more efficient…And who the hell would have an top speed of 60kmh on their first build?

1 Like

Yes efficiency wise a 2.4:1 gear ratio would be better but it can and does work reasonably well for me. If he was to buy a 12t sprocket with it that would reduce the ratio down to 2.45:1 which is much better

1 Like

Do you have a motor mount to fit those trucks or are you planning on making your own? U might run into problems trying to find a mount I would go with callibers

1 Like

@riva_00 Before this post I thought that I had everything figured out, which turned out to be false. You gave me a lot of information to work with, thanks for that! You are correct about the range. Maybe I don’t need that much, 12S1P could be enough for me with 5000mAh and 20C. This would already result in a distance of ~13 miles. But first I need to figure out if this voltage sag is not going to be to bad for the last few miles.

I’m already looking now for a FOCBOX (I could order one with a Nano-X for 181.52 + 0 shipping + 34.49 VAT = 219.64 EUR, which seems like a nice deal). Limiting the RPM in the beginning sounds like a good idea, going ~25 mph is a bit to fast to begin with. After I get use to it I will move towards that top speed.

Good idea! I will get some good quality stuff (instead of the banggood batteries). Yea, hopfully I don’t end up there in the burn ward of the hospital :wink:

I just realised those are the same trucks HobbyKing sells. If you need a mount you could just buy a HobbyKing mount

@pat.speed, @FredrikHems, thanks for the tips! I will check what is available on ebay, maybe I can find the gear combination of 2.4:1. 60 kmh would be a bit to insane :sweat_smile:

Correct! I bought them already because I knew I could fit the hobbyking motor mount on it (which is really really cheap). I only need to wait for the backorde to stop.

‘12t 6.35 sprocket’ search that on eBay and you will find a few 12t sprockets