First Build [COMPLETE!]

Cheers, I didn’t know you updated it

Untitled

You need the fix this. Sometime in the future, it’s going to bite you back. just take the time and reposition the clamp.

1 Like

Those are held in there with JB Weld, have you ever used that stuff before?

Those dimes are not coming back out unless I have a blowtorch. Or a hammer. Or both.

In all seriousness, I understand the risk associated with that in specific. If they do manage to come out (they won’t) then the motor will misalign by a quarter inch at most probably snapping the belt assuming it’s in motion (or drastically misaligning it.) The screws are still there with locktite holding the majority of the mount together. I couldn’t get the gears perfectly aligned (even after readjusting the truck clamp) so I used some dimes as shims with JB weld to hold it shut

I’m probably missing something drastic here, so response would be appreciated!

Edit: said wheels when I meant gears

Well I hope you put enough weld over the contact. Otherwise, everything looks fine to me. I like the enclosure and how you have a division separating the battery and controllers.

It was hella messy coating the dimes, but it did the job!!!

You’ve also stoked my paranoia, so I’m doing another layer of jb weld tonight JUST in case

And thanks! Designing the enclosure was actually the most enjoyable part, thanks mostly to “free” use of 3D printers on campus