First build, heavy rider, need help getting started

If you’re saying Unities are likely to break in a year or two, that’s not what I’m seeing at all. You’ll need to back up statements like this with facts.

Have you seen the amount of threads coming up with unities breaks locking and flinging you off

Yeah they are getting better but still no where near as solid as a trampa

Have you seen the amount of threads coming up with unities breaks locking and flinging you off Yeah they are getting better but still no where near as solid as a trampa

These statements have nothing to do with the point I objected to, which is your assertions that all Unities fail within one to two years. You’re broadcasting this information to the internet, and it’s bogus.

The unities locking brakes, there were maybe 2-3 cases total, that were not attributable to something else. They had the full throttle issue but that was a firmware bug that was quickly fixed. Horrible things, but very different from every Unity breaking in 1-2 years.

2 Likes

K your right maybe that statement was incorrect

Rephrasing now: there are a number of unities which have failed and often even caused major harm to their riders which has never happened with trampa vesc

1 Like

I am about the same weight as you. Used 5 x 2s1p 8000mah lipo batteries. I wanted max range and thought the extra weight wouldn’t be too annoying.

I was wrong, the weight is super annoying when trying to lug around a longboard on a train. In hindsight, the battery I put in was much bigger than I realistically needed.

How much did it weigh? And what range did you get? Part of the idea, would be to not take the train. Used to bike or take a regular longboard, but the damn bikes keep getting stolen, and the board aint viable ifi a min a hurry or its far.

All up my build is 10.5kg. My odd motor mounting and the length of the deck I used also made it slightly cumbersome on a train.

I have taken it on a 10km round trip with an indicated 82% battery remaining (started full). That was relatively flat and flowing. I have started on my way up an extremely inclined hill with an indicated 65% battery. The hill start + the hill killed the board in less than 200m.

So i’ll have to backslide a bit on my idea of a no budget build, and need to change the plan for a budget build…

Either buying cheaper parts or go for a single motor setup, if it is possible with the goals i had for the build.

Am considering buying dual Flipsky 4.12 ESC’s a couple of 6354 190KV 8mm shaft motors and either 8s or 10s batteries. Would this at all be adviceable?

Alright, so now i have started ordering stuff.

• 2 x FSESC 6.6 in alu cases
  • 1 x VX1 remote
  • Assorted cables and connectors

I have ordered some plywood for a deck too, and gonna attempt to DIY it, which will be interesting.

Now comes the trucks and stuff. I am looking at Caliber II 50 trucks, 12 mm belts and orangatang caguama wheels. Are the trucks wide enough for that? And suppose it will be a very tight fit with 6374’s, so maybe 6355’s?

i have a dual 6.6 esc in an aluminum enclosure and am getting interference around hi power lines. flipsky recommended plastic enclosure. haven’t made change yet but does make sense…

this is 11 veneer. 2 core. Holds my 270lb friend at 25mph.

Damn. That’s some sweet boards!! Gonna attempt to DIY a deck, since i got an opportunity to grab some very thin plywood boards. Hows the flex on that board?? I would like something a bit stiff.

1 Like