First build help- thanks!

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: this.

If it’s not specified what cells are being used – or if it just says “Samsung” – then you can be pretty sure you aren’t getting “Samsung 30Q” cells.

I’m looking to do my first build soon too, so I am following this post!

A question about battery: Will a lower quality battery (like the “Samsung” 6600mAh vs “30Q” 9000mAh) also affect/minimize sag?

How do you like the look of these. Same price as the ones I had also

https://www.electricskateboardparts.com/product/10s3p-samsung-30q-electric-skateboard-battery-36v-9ah/

Yeah, I doesn’t say just LG, however I don’t know of any LG cell rated at 6600/3=2200mAh

I’m leaning towards going single motor to start so I can the best parts and maybe add the second motor at a later date if I feel like its something necessary. I start with the idea of the dual but looking price wise and to get the better stuff - it feels like 1 motor for now is the way to go. Am I going to be sacrificing that much now. The goal is to build something better then my Koowheel - which I don’t see as being a problem but that is a Dual Hub motors.

They’re probably using LG ICR18650MF1

ICR, not INR like 30Q and most cells esk8 uses

So If I got with one Motor and a FOCBOX - what motor would you recommend? Or does the one I currently have look like a good one to run by itself?

That’s not a bad motor. It’s actually on sale right now too. I just ordered two actually.

I don’t know that I’d recommend them for 12S, but I don’t recommend 12S anyway.

170kv - 190kv is about the kv I’d use on 10S

I am doing the same single motor and 1 focbox build. Its a good choice if you want to upgrade in future. Won’t have to switch to a bigger truck when you get a second motor.

1 Like

What’s your build looking like so far- if you don’t mind showing?

Also, Just found this Deck site - might be something other people could use. Not completely sure about the quality of the boards thought. Pretty cool how you can customize.

Caliber trucks, Vruzend v2.0 battery kit. 30 - 30Q batteries. Motor mount from Jlabs 1 Focbox 1 6355 diyelectricskateboard motor. 1 10s 60A BMS from supower with e-switch. 1 upcoming Kegal pulley from Jlabs 1 set 90mm ollin wheels. Likely a 32-33 inch deck.

Want to 3d print my enclosure but will likely just get stealth 18 from psycotiller.