First Build is this good? Want speed and range

I am 13 and i live in a area where i walk a lot but want a better way around I’m planning on building a electric skateboard that has a good range and top speed and i don’t know if what i’m might use is any good I want any suggestions on what i need to change.

Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5055-280kv Brushless Outrunner Motor HobbyKing 100A ESC 4A UBEC Quanum 2.4Ghz 3ch Pistol Grip Tx & Rx System 12mm wide drive pulley kit 83mm Enertion Power Wheels Enertion Narrow Hanger Truck and either 3 Multistar LiHV High Capacity 5200mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack or 1 Multistar High Capacity 10000mAh 6S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

I don’t know what deck to get either and if i should get Vesc and how I should go about making or buying a motor mount I’m going for a budget around 450-300.

Definitely go around and look at other builds on the forum. Try to find a motor with a lower kv so that you can have more torque are there any hills where you live. I also bought that remote and it broke after 2weeks and then I got a gt2b and they are super reliable and smooth. For a motor mount you can buy a enertion knock off from a group buy on the fourm the buy is over but he bought extra and is selling them for 30 Also invest into a vesc it is more expensive but is better in the long run it is specifically made for esk8 and you can fine tune the settings through your computer. Even 2 4s 5000mah batteries will do in series so you will have a 8s 10000mah and that will get you around 10miles.

2 Likes

People have tried using those 10C multi rotor batteries in the past and have reported that they are less than favorable. If you go with Lipo packs, get the highest C rating you can. Or get something with at least 25C rating. The higher the C rating the better off you will be.