First Build | Loaded Vanguard Deck | 1 Turnigy SK3 6374 192kv | 12S3P Samsung 25r | Vesc-X

@Jebe thanks!

It gets more complex when you want to use a bms but that just means you need more plugs.

Will you be using a bms or no? that matters on how the pack will be split up

if it works and is chargeable without a bms, then no.

I don’t see any problem with or without bms, but why you want charge it like this?

It’s easier and more convenient.

You could also break it into two 6S3P packs. That would give you 21.6V * 7.5Ah = 162 WH which is just over the 160WH limit some airlines have. Run the two packs in series for 12S when riding (discharge), and separate them to charge at 6S. That’s how mine is setup, I charge with 2 iMax B6 chargers.

In my opinion it’s way more easier to charge one battery rather than three. But if you want take batteries in the airplane or you just don’t care about clean look and usability I’ll get that.

@TheImmortalJew have you tried this at an airport? If so, did they let you go?

@Tuomalar I care about all three, and maybe the look of the battery itself will be worse, but in an enclosure it won’t make a difference, and I think it would be very easy to use and possibly make for easier charging, but as long as I can take it on a plane it’s fine.

Those 97mm wheels on the Vanguard are gunna look dope! I’m also working on my fist build as wel. However my expirience with Lipos is more familiar so I went that route. Good luck and look forward to the completed project :metal:t4:

I already have the board, I’ll send pictures when I get home, it looks awesome.

1 Like

just used a calculator and this is what I got. :scream::scream:

2 Likes

HAHAHA That’s nuts man. Hope you have insurance :innocent:

this number are right check my build

if you are having issue with the battery let me know i can help i am in the BX

Loved both builds and the idea of easily being able to switch from 6s to 12s. For the battery, to get it to be to fit airline regulations, 6s3p would be to large, Coreect me if I am wrong, but I could just do it like this and charge at 12s right?

1 Like

You can do it like that, it will be annoying to open up the enclosure every time you’ll need to charge but will have the option to air travel.

Or you can make few charginport. There’s 3 ports in my board. Two for chargin batteries (2x3s) and for one loopkey which connect batteries to esc.

That sounds good Can you share a picture of this ?

Sounds awesome, would love to see some photos :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Left one is for loopkey and two right ones for charging. Would be awesome if someone here could 3D print this kind of mount for xt90. There is one already in thingverse.

1 Like

Sorry for responding so late, but I think I am going to do 3 4s3p batteries connected by xt60 series connectors, each with its own charging port. I want to just do one fast charger and I will charge each individually, which if I am correct should take an hour, right?